New Arrival!!! Scag Turf Tiger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FIRESCOOBY, Mar 6, 2008.

1. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Picked up my new SCAG Turf Tiger today. It's a 52"/ 27hp Kohler. It was about $10,300 out the door with striping kit and hitch. Don't even have .5 hours on it yet. It cuts MUCH better than my Hustler. Sold the Hustler today and gotta admit with all the issues (none the fault of Hustler) I had with it, I am glad to see it go. The issues were cut not good on Fescue and not enough motor.

TT Front small.jpg

TT Left 2 small.jpg

TT left small.jpg

TT Rear small.jpg

TT right small.jpg

2. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice, looks like your ready to mow ....!

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks hot and fast what 10mph:waving:

4. FIRESCOOBY

Yeah, I think it's 10mph. It won't break any speed records, but the cut is much better than my old mower. I part of my yard today and the difference is AMAZING. It is such a cleaner cut than before. For comparison I cut a section with my old mower for comparison. It left some stringers but looked pretty good. The Scag cut is like a carpet.

Hopefully no more double and triple cutting for me and nicer looking cuts all around.

5. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Noticed the striper ...extra $$$ I suppose..?

6. FIRESCOOBY

Yeah, it was extra. All in all it was around $10,300 out the door.

7. capnsac

capnsac LawnSite Senior Member

That's a bad ass looking mower, congrats on the new purchase. I love the look of the striping kit on there too. I know the cub cadet Tank has a standard striping kit, but this one looks ten-fold nicer then the 'standard' striping kit mine has on it and was curious if anyone knows if I could possibly pick one up for my mower?

8. FIRESCOOBY

I'll try to get some pictures in the enxt day or two on how it is mounted. The picture is with it in the up position. It is about 4" off the ground. No more curb hopping for me. It's VERY tight putting it up and down right now.

FYI: DO NOT put your fingers under the roller when releasing the roller from the up position. ESPECIALLY if it is on concrete!!!

9. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

What dealer did you buy it from? Are you thinking of getting the mulch kit for it? I would love to see how it mulches wet bermuda from early morning dew, that is the real test IMO, Good luck with it.

10. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have three Scag tigers. The volocity deck cuts as good as anything out there. I replaced the no-flat tires with regular tires though. They ride too hard for me.