New ASV PT30

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by J. Peterson Grading, Dec 4, 2008.

1. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

I have been thinking of getting one of these this spring.

Here is the specs and some of the updates, More complete info after first of the year.

Attached Files:

2. 4900bruce

4900bruce LawnSite Member

looked at specs from terrex, sorry besides from paint colours and new lettering whats changed.
    would have thought new company (terrex)could have at least changed wheels to bolt ons and plantery drives as cat has done.
  3. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like the boom has changed and the colors are different. The specs didn't look all that different. They probably didn't mess to much with it.
  4. Hollowellreid

Hollowellreid LawnSite Senior Member

It looks like the one real difference worth a mention is the lift height-

It looks as if pin height is now 95.5 inches vs. the old RC/PT height of ~80"

It would be nice, but I'm still not sure it's enough to make a big difference. Another 10" would be good, but I guess the 15" is a big improvement.

I wonder what the cost will be for the Terex unit? We need to upgrade units but were planning on looking at a low hour used one...
  5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like the lower loader arms were moved forward to get the height.
    95" ain't bad, the Bobcat S70 is 103".
  6. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks like the height to the bucket pin is 101".
  7. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

8. hansondirtman

hansondirtman LawnSite Member

Loader arms are totally new, looks like my 80's, I like it.
  9. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know.. Looks the same to me.. I thought the roller
    wheels were going to be upgraded (forward/rear) as they wear more than the others. Hmm. Has anyone got one or seen one up close that can verify the changes noted?
  10. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Those are pictures of the current machine. J Peterson Grading posted a link that has the brochure for the new machine. The loader arms are definitely new. I don't know if the rollers are different.