New at this kind of bidding

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by olderthandirt, Mar 18, 2002.

1. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I hoping someone can help!!!! I've been in the design and installation part for a lot of years but just got asked to bid on the mowing, trimming etc. part of 13 cluster homes in order to to the install of new lawn and beds etc. on another 6 units. I've read where most of you are around $60 per hr. My Question is how should I figure the hrs on a commercial job, my only experience is my own property. I can mow about 7 acres with me and my son in law in about 3-3-1/2 hrs using my steiner with a 72in. and a lesco 48in but thats not doing any trimming, but not a lot to do when were done anyway. I'm just guessing but I think the cluster homes will take about 7 hrs becouse the steiner will be about useless with all the bushes trees etc. I'm in a position to get just about any piece of equipment I would need to do the job{brother works for a great co. and I buy for less than dealers cost} So any help would be greatly appreciated. Should I bid it per mow or for the season? Please help!!!!!!!!