1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New backpack blower?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Don32, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Don32

Don32 LawnSite Member

I'm in the market for a backpack blower and wonder what size is better. I guess bigger is better but trying to be a little conservative in price. Most are rated in MPH, so what would be a good MPH unit? Any specific brands? I would like it big enough so as to not struggle with leaves.

Thanks in advance.
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Bigger is not better when it comes to the weight you will be packing around all year. We went big (24# units) and now we are coming back down to the 20# units. The Stihl BR420D and the Echo 620 are excellant units with lot of power and they are true 2 stroke, tried and proven.
  3. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, a Stihl BR420 is a GREAT unit, true two stroke, but still very good power and airflow. I love the 400 series from stihl, though I'm going to probably try out a BR600 soon just to see how they feel to me.
  4. elshauno

elshauno LawnSite Member

The main thing when it comes to equipment is whats in your area because if something breaks down, God forbid. That way youll be able to head up the street to get it fixed to get the parts to fix yourself if so inclined, without having to wait weeks for them to come in. Some good powerful models that I compared were the Shindaiwa eb630 and the Redmax eb7001. Essentially the same ,redmax makes the engine for both. The redmax is a little heavier with a little more cfm but both will last years. Theres my two cents...........................
  5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

look at CFMs not MPH. I LOVE my redmax eb7001. Lots of power!
  6. Slcareco

Slcareco LawnSite Senior Member

what about redmax??
  7. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah I want one.
  8. parttimer

parttimer LawnSite Member

RedMax 7001 you cant go wrong. Although my frist blower was aECHO this 7001 is sweet .And has lots power.:confused:
  9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Redmax all the way! My Echo can't compare to my Redmax! I have tried out the eb7001 and it is AMAZING. Power and weight is wonderful and it will last a long long time!!!
  10. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Echo pb751, amazing!!!! I cant say any more, itl blow you away.