1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New backpack blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheLawnBarber, Aug 13, 2006.

1. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

Currently I have an Echo Pb-413. Its been a great blower for the past 2 1/2 years for blowing grass clippings. But when I do leaf cleanups I feel I've been very underpowerd. I will need a more powerful backpack this fall as I've gotton many more new clients that would like my cleanup service in the fall. So I'm wondering what would be a good more powerful backpack. My options in town are Stihl,Echo,Husqvarna,Shindaiwa or Kawasaki( RedMax 30 miles away). Which would you guys choose?
  2. Rickco

Rickco LawnSite Member

I bought the Echo pb-751 last year and it's been great! All the power you will ever need. The next step for our clean ups is the little wonder push blower 9 horse honda.
  3. TheLawnBarber

I've had my eye on the Echo again because of the Posi-loc. Does yours have the Posi-loc?
  4. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Out of those brand picks, The Stihl BR600.The Br 600 is a tad more powerful then the Echo 650/750, but more fuel efficient.
  5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I buy everything Stihl exept my back pack, Redmax. You won't have to drive 30 miles but once probably.
  6. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an Echo 751t and have not been happy with it. Recoil mechanism didn't hold up and for the weight, doesn't have that much power. And good golly it's a gas hog. Bought a echo 620 for daily use and I like it better, starts on 1st pull most of the time.

I'd buy the biggest blower for cleanups and echo just isn't near the top anymore.
  7. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I also have the PB 751, its been great all season.
  8. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I'll second Bill on this. I'm loving my BR600.

9. TheLawnBarber

Again do your Echo Pb-750s have the Posi-Loc? Its most likey between Echo,Husqvarna and Stihl. My two main dealers carry these two brands. But I'm confused on which one.
  10. TheLawnBarber

Thanks for the replys though I appreciate it alot!!!:) Keep them comming.