new backpack wands

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Jul 10, 2008.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Anybody ever have the plastic wands break on your backpack sprayer? We shell out many plastic wands every year cuz they break, bend, and crack.

Shurflo just released 'aluminum' wands that don't break. Cost = just five bucks at Sprayer Specialties. www.sprayers.com

Five dollars is a steal....comes complete with threaded hook up & nozzel. Main reason for only five bucks: a large manufacturer renigged on their order. Sprayer Specialties took most of them. They ship world wide, and we have bought from them for decades. Damn good company.

The wands are about 3 inches longer than most originals, yet they ain't plastic anymore. We use Shurflo SRS-600 battery-powered backpacks, and they fit right on with no prob. These new wands also fit many other manufacturers' units too. Oh yes, they are made in America.:usflag:

p.s. These wands are new, so you may not see them featured on the Sprayer Specialty website.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Holy MACKERAL! Over 300 bucks for their backpacks. They are just Swissmex. We can get these same sprayers for about 80 bucks.

3. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you a Shurflo rep ?

I use Solo wand with pliable plastic 2 foot extension to spray tip .
    Never have broken one because they are pliable

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Oops! i meant to say over 200 bucks, not 3. Still way too much, though. I guess the WAND price is decent, though.

5. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

I use solos as well and those wands will bend and bend and not break.

6. ArizPestWeed

I only use their wands , not their leaky back packs

The Solo wands don't last long on my home made ele back packs cuss of too much pressure
    On manuals , okay

7. Firefighter337

Firefighter337 LawnSite Senior Member

8. ArizPestWeed

so , looks like you found them ,

9. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

it says those are list prices to call for discount...

10. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

If a man can get 3" more on his wand for $5.00 bucks..I'm there. cheaper than the little blue pill..:)