New Bad Boy commercial 21" mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GTC1187, Jan 13, 2011.

1. GTC1187

GTC1187 LawnSite Member

2. Knight511

Knight511 LawnSite Member

It looks so much like the cheap-o Cub Cadet swivel wheel mower.... just because a company slaps the word "commercial" or "professional" doesn't necessarily mean it is...

3. GTC1187

GTC1187 LawnSite Member

It looks like the fixed wheel model is self propelled and tops out at 4.2 mph, thats cool.
    For only $399 if it only lasted one season I would still be fine with that.

4. Knight511

That is kind of why I bought my mowers... only they have lasted 6 season of part-time use and are still strong... of course they have Honda GCV160s on them, but it is all relevant.

I will say, that if they are CC clones, I really don't like the build quality on the swivel arms... they just seem very cheap and prone to being damaged (especially if you have employees mowing)... I would buy one and I am a solo guy that cares for his equipment. The fixed wheel might suck, but it should last at least a season and may even go on to impress you further.

5. GTC1187

GTC1187 LawnSite Member

Well I'll be ordering at least one this season just to try them out, I'll do a review because there is so little info on these mowers.

6. Knight511

Very nice... look forward to seeing it.

7. oldclawn

oldclawn LawnSite Senior Member

Oh God--just what we need--another pushmower review......

8. GTC1187

GTC1187 LawnSite Member

These are the cheapest commercial mowers available that I know of, a review of them wouldn't be out of the question I don't think.

9. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

I have two that I used in Sept, Oct. A very good machine with plenty of power and a nice cut. Bags with no clogging issues. I'm going to get rid of one of them. I have a 36" I bought in June, and I really didn't need 2. The dealer gave me a break buying 2. I'm 50 miles NE of Dallas if you wanted to meet half way I'll take $275 for it. LMK if you want some pics.

10. GTC1187

GTC1187 LawnSite Member

Which model do you have? And some pics would be great.