1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Bad boy

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by GreenHammer, Mar 9, 2013.

1. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Sure why not . Post a few. I know that is a 09 mower and they have made some big changes supposedly from yours , new deck for one. Show us what you got.

2. Whippit96

Whippit96 LawnSite Member

Sorry for the delay, no one had posted before I left for my work week. I will get them up no later than tomorrow as I have to resize them for the web.

3. Whippit96

Ok here are some shots of my yard and my mower.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. MJB

from Wa

Nice pics of your property. Are you side discharging or bagging i didnt see any clippings?

How is your mower holding up?

5. Whippit96

I side discharge, would be way to big of a PITA to bag. That's only a portion of my yard there's about 2-3 more acres on the other side of the house. The mower was holding up great until the end of last season it started to die on me. Figured out it wasn't charging so this season I tore it all apart, stator checked out ok, flywheel magnets were still in place so I changed the regulator and got a new battery and it died on me halfway through mowing.

So since I don't have time to be tracking down an electrical problem due to my job I took it a dealer/shop and it has been there for 3 weeks now. But I will say the mower it self...frame/deck hydro's have worked really well with no issues.

6. MJB

from Wa

What engine do you have in it?

7. Whippit96

It has the 27hp courage or command whichever one isn't the commercial engine.

8. MJB

from Wa

Thanks for the info. Looks like it does a great job, good quality of cut too. I have no idea about the Kohler courage I would hope you can get 1500 hrs out of it. Hopefully its not a 300 hr engine. Thanks for sharing the pictures too.

9. Whippit96

No problem, I enjoy sharing my photo's. I'm really hoping the the engine will last a good long time. Although I know I will be trading in either this season or next because I want a 72" deck and a suspension of some sort. Plus the better hydro's will be a better investment with all of my hills. Most people in the business I talk to can't believe I mow my yard with that residential badboy unit, but I've listened to their advice about how I most likely won't get the reliability out of it like I would a commercial mower.

Oh and just a note I think I'm close to 400 hours, the hour meter fell off at about 100 hours and that was at the end of the first season I had it.

10. MJB

from Wa

You should be able to get the BB Rep to bring out a new Outlaw with the suspension to demo. Let them know in advance that your going to be replacing the zt , I'll bet they will get you a demo if you give them time to arrange it.