New Beginning's - ARPI photo tour

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ARP, Feb 15, 2009.

1. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Well besides being shut down Tuesday due to truck issues, we have been working 8-9 hour days all week. I actually just pulled a 12 hour (billable- not driving time) day yesterday to move my equipment in the eveing to keep pace with the crews. What's a little snow- this is New England!:laugh:

I got some more pics from today, but I have to wait until this weekend to pull em off the camera and post em. It's time for bed now.

PS- Should have took some pics of my rig on Monday in the snow on our main interstate. Had to stop 3 times to de-ice the windshield. Fun times!

2. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea. I ran from the New Haven area to East Hartford on Monday and it was brutal. I went through a fair bit of wiper fluid trying to keep my windshield from turning white because of the salt. I couldn't believe how fast some people were going.

I was doing 50-55 and I felt that was plenty fast for when there was only one real beaten down path through the snow. It was the center lane that was real beaten down. I got passed on the left by a class A truck. No more than 2 seconds after he passed me I saw a state trooper go by me at a decent rate of speed on my left. Unfortunately I didn't notice the jerk pulled over anywhere. Mainly because I needed to stop and get the ice off my wipers.

The state of the roads got a lot better after 2:30-3:00. The roads were nothing but wet and black by the time I was headed home for the day.

Well actually I went to the shop to hose down the truck before I went home. I had so much sand/salt built up in my wheel wells that it was actually being worn away by the wheels when they were turning. I had to break it out with my boots because water wasn't doing a thing. Then I had to scrape all the ice I just made off of my mirrors and windows. But I got that dang salt off my truck.

3. ARP

Whew- long week. Anyway- here is the weekend update.

First pic: I felt like little Red Riding Hood making my way to the new section of ROW.

IMG_1923.jpg

4. ARP

Ever been on a 40,000 lb ice skate?

Going up forward- starting to slide:

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_1932.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

5. ARP

"Let's try it the other way." (He did make it a little bit farther up the hill:rolleyes:)

IMG_1936.jpg

IMG_1937.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

6. ARP

And finally- who wouldn't enjoy a view like this?

IMG_1924.jpg

IMG_1927.jpg

7. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

what did he do winch himself up the hill?

8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing beats a job with a damn good view.

9. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

This is just how I think, but when I look at those last two pictures, all I think is where in the world to you go to lunch at? Looks like your in the middle if BF Egypt lol

that's the first thing I ask when we start a new job... where do you eat at:laugh:

Oh BTW Nice pictures!

So what are you doing with the grapple? just dragging the limb/ tree cuttings out so they can be shreaded?

10. ARP

Rather than winching, he got himself around the hill with this:

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1941.jpg