New Beginning's - ARPI photo tour

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ARP, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Thats what I call on the wrong side of the tracks :laugh:

The hoe is definatly paying off no way you could do that job clearing the brush away from the train tracks.

2. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Making some progress here. Made it further down the tracks, probably about 1/2-2/3 a mile from where the project started:
    IMG_1317.jpg

Showing some good reach down a bank:
    IMG_1319.jpg

A couple perspective shots:
    IMG_1321.jpg
    IMG_1324.jpg
    IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

3. ARP

Last couple of progress pics. Looking back on the project from the end:
    IMG_1327.jpg
    IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

4. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good Andrew.Do you have more study ROW work coming up or what type of stuff you doing? I pmed you about the 138.

5. ARP

Thanks for the PM Sean. In terms of the ROW work, I have another week of work at the moment for the current utility but after that I'm not seeing the months of work at one time that I was seeing last year. That's fine thought, because we're starting to get calls on the ads we placed in the local papers so I need some time to dedicate to those projects and estimating other projects. We're running lean, just like everyone else right now.

6. ARP

Alright, here are the finished project pics.

First two are looking back at the beginning from about 1/3 of the way down the tracks:
    IMG_1340.jpg
    IMG_1339.jpg

Here we are at the beginning of the project looking down the tracks. A little bit different from when we first started where you couldn't even walk down the tracks or see the hillside:
    IMG_1341.jpg

This is from about a 1/3 of the way down the tracks looking towards the end of the project:
    IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

7. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, impressive pics. Do you quote by the hour or by the job on these ROW jobs?

8. ARP

Here are the last 5 shots. All of these are from the end of the project that was overgrown with 20' tall trees. Looks a little bit different now:
    IMG_1342.jpg
    IMG_1343.jpg
    IMG_1344.jpg
    IMG_1347.jpg

Here is the final shot looking back from the end of the project:
    IMG_1349.jpg

Enjoy!

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

9. ARP

Flairland- This project was hourly with a cap of 5 days of work (we told the utility that we could get it done in 5 days so we had to make sure it worked out that way). Other projects are lump sum but it depends on the project.

10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

So uh, have any of the rail lines found their way on to the back of your trailer yet, and possibly headed for the, I don't know,.......... scrap yard?
    I hear them rogue rail lines have feet of their own.