New Beginning's - ARPI photo tour

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ARP, Feb 15, 2009.

1. ioilyouin

ioilyouin LawnSite Senior Member

Did you have your share of golf balls kicking up from the brush? Very neat work. How do you get the customers to give you a max amount? Seems like it's always a big secret as to how much mine are willing to spend.

2. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll be honest- this is the first time someone has told me their max budget. I wish more people would do that though so that I could plan the work on these jobs better to maximize the customer's dollars by pairing the results up with their goals.

And yes, I could have filled several buckets with all the golf balls I've found so far. It sure is interesting to see the mulcher catch one and send it flying!:laugh::laugh:

3. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

i didnt know you john deere mini can use pallet forks that allow one machine and one operator to perform many services efficiently ;) hahaha

4. ARP

I think you lost me KE....:dizzy:

5. Coastal Lawn Maintenance

Coastal Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

i have been trying to figure it out to

6. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

I though maybe he saw your pallet forks near your mini in a picture and assumed you could use them on the mini. I haven't seen anything of the sort in the last 5 pages. That's the closest thing to a complete thought i can get out of what he typed.

Excellent work ARP, the improvement in aesthetics is huge. My local golf course needs to hire you too, they just don't look nice with little **** trees everywhere. How are you getting fuel to your machines? Are you walking them out for refills or are you getting some help from the course on that front?

7. Triple G Lawn and Snow

Triple G Lawn and Snow LawnSite Member

wow just spent the past 3 days reading this whole thread, I have to say you do amazing work. Pretty awesome to see you come from a truck, trailer, and bobcat to the business you own now. I am only mowing lawns now but would like to get into this type of business and have to say you are big inspiration.

Really like that F-450 by the way

8. ARP

hvy 1 ton- Ya, I'm still a little confused about the pallet forks comment as they are sitting in my storage yard over an hour away :laugh:

Thanks for the kind words :drinkup: Tell your course to give me a call, I travel :cool2: In terms of getting fuel to the machines, I'm allowed to drive my truck out to the machines so I can fuel up everyday and keep my tools handy as well.

Triple G- Glad you've found something informative in this long thread! If someone can get some inspiration or come up with a new way to get some work by seeing something here then I'm happy :drinkup:

And thanks, I like the F450 too :weightlifter:

9. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

What is this Snow and ice control about Andrew? did you get a plow for the 450?

10. ARP

Here are a couple more pics from the last few days of work.

First up, starting to clear up all the grindings and rip the stumps out of the ground in preparation for seeding and future mowing operations:
    IMG_1498.jpg

So more side line clearing. In the first picture you can see how dense the growth is that we had to clear:
    IMG_1501.jpg
    IMG_1502.jpg
    IMG_1503.jpg
    IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg