New Beginning's - ARPI photo tour

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ARP, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Why dont you have that metal box around the couplers? The 2 320's I looked at the other day had them..

And I had another question but I forgot.. :wall

2. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

3. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Junior- I do have the metal box but since I switch attachment often, I haven't put it on yet. Everytime you need to unhook the couplers, you have to remove the 4 bolts holding the box on and then remove the box. Kinda gets to be a hassle after a while. It just means I have to exercise my usual caution and make sure I'm not ramming the couplers into branches- not too hard to do, especially if you have to pay the repair bills :rolleyes:

Riverwalk- what dealer is that has the Volvo?

4. GWhunter

GWhunter LawnSite Senior Member

A word of caution about mulchers, I seen every brand on fire at some point. Regular cleaning of debris from the engine and hydralics will help but if a hose should burst your machine is toast. I would definatly have several fire extingushers with you. Especially in such an isolated location. Not trying to scary you just giving you a heads up. These unit really need a fire suppresion system. Thanks for all the pics.

Matt:;)

5. ARP

My pleasure Matt. :) And thanks for the warnings, I am well aware of the fire possibilities. I carry 1 fire extinguisher in the machine and a larger one in my truck which I try to keep close to me. I also open the engine compartment 2 or 3 times throughout the day to check for debris build up and any leaks, in addition to cleaning other debris that has built up around the machine.

I guess its a good thing that my inner clean freak comes out during the day :rolleyes:.

6. ARP

Well, I finely got a chance to update this little thread. Tough to post with the 16 hr days I have been having lately for the past 2 weeks. Glad to be working but a little sleep would be nice as well!:rolleyes:

Anyway, here are some photos from the airport clearing job that I was back working on the last two weekends.

Before and after:

IMG_2008.jpg

IMG_2007.jpg

DSC02310.jpg

7. Junior M

dude, I really could use your machine for 12 hours Friday and Saturday, think I could borrow it? :) :laugh:

8. ARP

Round 2:

Before and after:

DSC02339.jpg

DSC02345.jpg

9. ARP

I love this kind of work, plowing through stuff so dense that you can't walk through it.

Before and after:

DSC02325.jpg

DSC02321.jpg

10. Junior M

ARP, so your just clearing the property line?

we are doing essentially the same thing except with a bush hog and grapple, a machine like yours wasnt in the budget for the customer..