1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Beginning's - ARPI photo tour

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ARP, Feb 15, 2009.

1. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

And finally, I love learning what this machine can do. Just powered right up the hill (while running the mulcher) and didn't look back.

DSC02341.jpg

DSC02343.jpg

2. ARP

Oops, forgot this little gem. I never thought a 12,000+ lb machine could "walk on water." The ground was so soft that if I walked across it I would start sinking. I love mowing in a swamp!:cool2:

DSC02333.jpg

DSC02334.jpg

3. ARP

Junior,

Sorry, my machine is getting a weekend of well needed rest. Have fun with your T190- don't forget pics!

And yes, I am clearing the fence line. The airport needs to repair several fence line breaks from deer and other wild life.

Andrew

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

DAM! :wall :laugh:

I just wanted a cab, I could give a crapless about the rest.. LOL..

5. ARP

Ya, that cab even has A/C, heat, suspension seat, radio, massage chair with masseuse, big screen tv, etc. (ok it has the first 4, i just wish it had the rest:rolleyes:). Jealous? :laugh:

6. Junior M

yeah! I got an open cab and maybe an Ipod.. :laugh:

7. ARP

Well just so everyone doesn't think that all I do is mulch brush, I decided to put up some pics from a job my old boss brought me back on to finish up for him last year.

This place is going to be a self serve "dog wash." I was operating the excavator, supervising the crew, laying out the parking lot, and being the "parts guy". Not a bad three day gig where we backfilled the foundation, dug and laid a 2" domestic water line from the shutoff valve at the road to the rear of the foundation, and installed the sewer line leading into the building from where it was stubbed off.

And now onto the pics!

DSC02273.jpg

DSC02275.jpg

DSC02280.jpg

DSC02281.jpg

DSC02285.jpg

8. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

Nice pics apr.. Keep them coming

9. Junior M

I got one kind of offtopic question that I never thought of till I mowed with a Bobcat today, but do you run the mulcher on float? And when you come down on top of something do alot of chips come flying back at you?

10. ARP

Junior-

No I don't run the mulcher on float. I do not want the head contacting the ground because that is when you will start destroying your teeth. As it is, I have already lost several carbides hitting steel cable, tires, concrete, and boulders- all of which where obscured by dense vegetation or hit due to the machine's sometime erractic movements in the tough terrain I work in (Picture trying to cut brush while teetering on large rocks and in rock gardens- welcome to ROW mowing in my area).

The chips flying back on you is due to the angle of the head. If I angle the head forward (like dumping a bucket), I will get hit with more chips. I try to never have the head angled forward in this manner as it throws more chips and does not grind the material up as well as it would being run through the head more.