New Beginning's - ARPI photo tour

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ARP, Feb 15, 2009.

1. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

How has the new super duty dump been? Curious how the new diesel is performing?

2. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

New truck has been great so far. Only have about 5k mi on it since its not a daily driver right now but it pulls the 50D on a tag trailer like its not even there. Seems to have a bit more power than the 6.4 though the fuel economy between the two trucks (both about 11k in weight) is about the same (and the 550 is running 4.88's vs the 4.30 in the 450).

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Glad to see you are doing good Andrew. I'm in the process of upgrading to a bigger truck. Plus I'm having a lot of issues with my 08' 6.4 f250
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Z-master man

Z-master man LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have any pics of the tag trailer?

5. ARP

Sorry! I don't have any pics of the tag as it was a rental for a day. We are however looking at changing trailers soon by getting rid of the gooseneck and just going to a T-16 Towmaster tag.

Anyone want a nice 2009 PJ gooseneck?

6. Z-master man

Z-master man LawnSite Senior Member

Oh! Ok, I thought it was odd that you would buy a tag when you also have a gooseneck haha, feel free to keep adding pics lol

7. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

what is the length and gvw of the gooseneck?

8. ARP

The trailer has a 25' deck and a 5' beavertail. GVW is 24,500 which I had upgraded to 25,000. (I had it built with the heavier 12k lb , oil bath-axles).

9. PonyExpress94

PonyExpress94 LawnSite Member

Andrew, why are you switching trailers? I thought that PJ was a pretty good setup for you with all the attachments you have for the T320, various construction materials and the water tank.

You mention the new 550 isn't a daily driver yet. Does that mean you are planning on selling the 450?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. ARP

We're thinking about switching trailers for more versatility. We're not selling the 450 at all, but we do need a trailer that can be towed by either truck for redundancy purposes. A T16 or 18 with a 20' deck gives me the same amount of room to carry what I need without the extra length of the gooseneck we have now.
    Posted via Mobile Device