New Beginning's - ARPI photo tour

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ARP, Feb 15, 2009.

1. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Congrats Krazy! I do love a challenge ;-)

2. ARP

3. icex

icex LawnSite Senior Member
    from WV

We need more pics.

4. ARP

Here are some more pics from another cranberry bog we just did some clearing at:

Before:
    IMG_1861.jpg

After:
    IMG_1872.jpg

Before:
    IMG_1862.jpg

After:
    IMG_1871.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_1871.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Nice. Love the new machine.

6. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Andrew, looks good. Question, what is the benfit for the cranberry bog owners? Is this on the back side of bog? Is it area to be developed into a bog?

Also thanks for the help on the 30ac job Ill have to tel you the story sometime you'll get a good chuckle out of how dumb people are.

keep up the good work

7. ARP

The benefit is they get air movement, more light, and less seeding on the bogs. This particular area was on a sand bank the bog owner is going to mine out, so it was more of a straight land clearing project than a "vegetation management" project.

I'm interested in hearing this story...

8. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

How long did that take to clear? Would throwing a bucket on the hoe and then clearing that way been faster?

9. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like winter is hitting you guys pretty hard down there...

10. ARP

Coopers, that hillside (plus double the area behind the machine), took me 8 hrs to clear. If I went the bucket route, by the time I had finished clearing, stacking, grinding (we can't burn here), and then smoothing out the ground frim ripping everything out, I would easily have had double to triple the time involved in that project. Not to mention the cost would have been very high since I would have had to bring a grinder in.

Sean- I love our "tropical" winter. Just picked up another big clearing project that we are starting next week since the weather has been so cooperative.