1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Beginning's - ARPI photo tour

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ARP, Feb 15, 2009.

1. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

I have some mulch products that we dye in our yard but on contract jobs unless the customer has already mixed dye in, I don't color mulch. That mulch we ground up is going to be sold as a natural bark product that is dark brown in color.
  2. ARP

PS- I added a few more videos on our Youtube page of the 160 and mulcher.
  3. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Any pics or specs of the new truck?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. ARP

Sean- which truck are you referring to? We have my 450, the 550 dump, and we just picked up a 350 for my dad and as another tool/fueling/daily driver. I have pics of everything except the 350- just waiting to get most of the goodies installed on it before I do so. It will look exactly like my truck when we're done- it just isn't a dually.
  5. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't remember if you looked at Hitachi before you bought your Deere but do the D series Deere hoes have better fuel consumption than their C series predecessors? I'm curious how the D's compare to Hitachi's now.
  6. ARP

I did look at Hitachi but the D series are running some pretty good numbers for fuel economy. Tracking around I burn about 6.5-7 gal/hr, sitting in one place mulching I burn 5.5-6 gal/hr, and idling it burns about .75 gal/hr.
  7. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

Our 270D burns similar numbers, i averaged 5 gallons an hour, just a bit more while working the shear hard. But we also don't run it full throttle all the time. No need to, just while going through the big oaks.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. ARP

Ya, I'm pleasantly surprised about the fuel economy especially since I have to run wide open all day long for the hydraulic flow.
  9. Z-master man

Z-master man LawnSite Senior Member

Think it's time for a family portrait!
  10. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

I think thats a great idea!