New Beginning's - ARPI photo tour

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ARP, Feb 15, 2009.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!! Keep on rockin Andrew.

2. mzm

mzm LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

that thing is shiny

3. earthmover

earthmover LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Lookin good! I always like when you update you thread:cool2:

4. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

The way I figure it, until I reach $40k a year in trucking costs, owning one to just move my equipment around doesn't make financial sense.

5. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

D5K and your 160 (separately)should be fine on a try axle tag behind a dump or even better a roll off truck no? I don't know about where you are but here i get over width permits on 4 different series of highways for about 1200 a year.

6. ARP

They would, but I just don't have much of a need for a triaxle or a roll-off these days. A tractor has a lot more versatility and has the ability to make more money in my market these days.

How's the married life treatin ya Sean?

7. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

I cant complain at all Andrew i got a really good girl! just trying to save some money to buy 50+ acres and build a home and shop. How do you like the D5K? Might be in the market for one sooner then later with some of my upcoming jobs. Have you looked into k2 series at all? Hows life treating you?

8. ARP

Glad to hear things are going well up your way. It's nice when you can find a girl who puts up with our busy lifestyles!

The D5K is nice. Super responsive to the controls. The K2 series aren't much different other than having emission controls on them down here. For the amount we're going to use it right now, I wanted a machine with a few hours on it to avoid the first year depreciation hit. Our Cat dealer is great to us here, and we have a pretty good deal worked out on the machine and the auto laser system.

Other than that, life is pretty crazy. Working crazy hours. August was looking to slow down for a bit but just in the last few days a few projects have come up that could keep us busy right through September when we start bog work again.

9. ARP

Apparently I haven't posted too many pics here for awhile....

Anyway, here are some from a 35 acre clear cut we were subbed on:
    IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0017.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

10. tailboardtech

tailboardtech LawnSite Senior Member

So when's the feller going to have ARP written on the side of it?
    Posted via Mobile Device