1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Beginning's - ARPI photo tour

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ARP, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

That looks like so much fun, even the 50D would be a blast for me.

2. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys! Ya, it is fun looking back at the end of the day at the amount of clearing you can do in one day. I have to admit I'm spoiled by the 160 now, and that whenever I get in the 50 it feels like I'm going so slow-even though I'm still flying through the brush! lol

3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

How are you liking your Idaho Mulcher? I have been talking with that guy about putting on a TK 153

4. ARP

Ksss- I love the mulcher. It does everything its billed to do and is standing up to real world working conditions very well so far.

Whats the verdict about getting it on that size machine? I know he made one for a Kubota 080.

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

im just guessing but im betting it takes a few hours at least to mulch that little depression with the 50d, a fecon ftx140 would eat that up in probably less then 20 minutes. If that. Pretty much full track speed on anything 2" and under. A 4" tree is gone to chips in a few seconds. It just seems like you could bill the same and get it done waaay faster.

6. ARP

We could probably bill the same but we don't have enough mulching work for a FTX140 to justify that kind of expenditure. So we make do with what we have.

Doesn't mean I don't want to try one sometime.... :)

What's new with you P? It's been quiet from you're neck of the woods...

7. ioilyouin

ioilyouin LawnSite Senior Member

Piss with the peter you got.

8. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Great quote!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Andrew, do you have an update for us? How is business going lately?

10. ARP

We've been very busy lining work up some exciting work for the fall and winter as well as grinding mulch up to stockpile it for the winter. I took some videos yesterday that I'm hoping to get uploaded in a day or two.