1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Beginning's - ARPI photo tour

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ARP, Feb 15, 2009.

1. CLP

CLP LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I agree snow can wait a little bit, but I've plowed parking lots once already. My problem it's getting colder early. If you don't take the time at night to grade it the way it needs to be, it'll be frozen in the morning.

2. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry Dylan, but if it started snowing right now and didn't let up till March, I would be very tired but happy!

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Andrew, i just wanted to drop by and say thanks for all the advice and info you have given me over the past few years. Especially all the questions ive had about machines and making contacts with municipalities/governments. You and your company have been a true inspiration to me and have given me something to strive for. I also wanted to let you know that as of yesterday my goal of starting sandbagging & flood/erosion protection company is becoming a reality. Kajun Flood Workz, llc is in the incorporation phase instead of just an idea. Thanks again for everything.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ARP

Krazy- glad I can help! Good luck with the new business! I can't wait to see how it works out for you!

5. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Work slowing for the winter or just need a change of pace and want to sit in a loader and go back and forth for awhile?
    I have a bunch of snow work but a bunch of dirt work as well so less snow means less hassle on site, but looks like High 40's this week so looks good for me.

6. ARP

A bit of both actually. Still have a few projects to wrap up but we should be good by the end of December.

7. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

it will be snow like crazy before we know it, I doubt we will have a year like last year again. I am waiting on my thumb for the 160 to come in and then off for a 2 week job then slowing down till something else comes along.

8. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

I'd love to plow snow if it was in a loader or a truck but until my Work truck is ready to go I'm stuck in the T770... which isn't so bad.

I could do without snow for another 2 months though lol

9. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Andrew, yall gettin any snow from this winter storm Draco?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

Sell the Grinder yet? I saw it listed for sale. Saw it when I was looking to see whats for sale out there. We have a 2013 Morbark 6600 in our yard right now on demo. Has a cat C32 in it, and its a monster! Running the numbers now, and we are considering a purchase now. I need to get some video of this thing in action.