New Beginning's - ARPI photo tour

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ARP, Feb 15, 2009.

1. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

impressed and jealous of the horizontal grinder! :)

2. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't be too jealous Yellow- that was just a grinder we were renting for a few days to see if that's the direction we want to move. If the year pans out as it is looking we'll be trading our Rayco grinder for a CBI.

3. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

The Rayco 240 is a 17" or is it bigger?

4. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

Have you demoed a bandit?

5. ARP

I have looked at but not demoed a Bandit. We don't have a dealer in our area set up to service the large off-road Bandit machines so Bandit has been crossed off my list of machines to look at.

6. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

What model are you looking at in the cbi line up? 4800 or 6400? What are your thoughts on the c27 and c32 motors? Ive never been a fan of v8 diesels...

7. ARP

I'm looking at the 6800T in either the A or B model with the 1050-1100hp Cat engine. I don't have too many thoughts on the c27 and c32 diesels. It's all they offer in these machines so I don't have too much of a choice it seems. How has your grinder been working out? Do you have the C27?

8. AEL

Ours has the c18 . So far I have been very happy with it . Just finding the right guys to run it besides my self is a bit of a challenge.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

When it comes to the large industrial Diesel engines like these, there is only really cat that makes them in the US. John Deere does some smaller ones, but nothing like what's needed for these grinders.

The more HP you can put into a grinder the better, with the larger C32 you won't need to push it nearly as hard to go through most woody material like you would a C27 or smaller. That will let the engine work less at maximum output and last longer. Our 4600 horizontal has a C27 in it, but we found it as a repo so we didn't specify the engine when it was built.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. AEL

Any pictures of the new chipper in action?
    Posted via Mobile Device