Lawn Care Forum banner

New Beginning's - ARPI photo tour

756K views 3K replies 182 participants last post by  EA Quinn 
#1 ·
Well, after just graduating college and having my company pick up steam after being in business just a little over a year now, I thought I would start sharing pics of what I do. I certainly enjoy seeing everyone else's stories told through photos so I thought I would start contributing a little bit on here :waving: I've got a bunch of photos from last year that I will post as time allows, but I thought I would start with some photos of new equipment.

So for your viewing pleasure, may I introduce "The Beast" (or insert other witty name here :rolleyes:). She is currently on a Rent-Own program (so no one can call me out *trucewhiteflag*), that I hope to convert to a ownership program in 1.5-3 months depending on work load. She starts her first job this Monday clearing storm damage from ROWs an hour north of my home.

Enjoy and thanks for looking! Hopefully I will have many more photos to share in the coming year.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

See less See more
#77 ·
The 272 holds 6 more gallons than a 450.
I don't know what your problem is with Cat and your always wanting to make them look bad. But I guess for you I will have to be more specific so as that you are not jumping at any opportunity to minimize the perfomance of my 297 not a 272.

The Case 450ct used 5 gals per hour to run and the Cat 297 uses four gals per hour to run, is that specific enough for you. Besides being more fuel efficient than the Case the Cat has a bigger tank, thanks for pointing that out.............chalk up a couple more reasons to go with Cat. Also, the Cat is a lot easier to fuel up than the Case was, you can actually see when it is about to top off.

#78 ·
I don't know what your problem is with Cat and your always wanting to make them look bad. But I guess for you I will have to be more specific so as that you are not jumping at any opportunity to minimize the perfomance of my 297 not a 272.

The Case 450ct used 5 gals per hour to run and the Cat 297 uses four gals per hour to run, is that specific enough for you. Besides being more fuel efficient than the Case the Cat has a bigger tank, thanks for pointing that out.............chalk up a couple more reasons to go with Cat. Also, the Cat is a lot easier to fuel up than the Case was, you can actually see when it is about to top off.
Ease off the trigger, I was only pointing out that CAT has bigger tank.

The CAT likely is more fuel efficient, small engines with small power out put typically are.

Sorry, couldn't resist.:waving:

#79 ·
Oh, well I am sorry ass face.. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Allright...Name calling and a "cat" fight.

Let's keep it civil so we don't ruin someones good thread

#80 ·
Haha- thanks All Ferris:laugh:

Anyway, we have moved onto a new section of ROW after completing about 2 miles of brush removal. The new section we are in doesn't have a road for another almost 2 miles and has one access road with 4' drops over boulders- it looks like we are going to have to cut a new road through the woods to get around.

Anyways, since I don't have any pics of work today, I thought I'd tide you all over with some pics from my first few jobs. Below are some before and after pics from my first job which was a yard renovation and regrade.

Plant Building Property Plant community Window

Plant Building Plant community Window Tree

Plant Tire Wheel Vehicle Tree

Plant Property Plant community Building Window

Plant Natural landscape Tree Land lot Road surface

#82 ·
Thanks Junior- I complete every job to the best of my abilities. I like to think of my work as my calling card.

In terms of that stump, it was a 24" Oak stump. I suggested removing it to the homeowners but they wanted it left behind. So as the contractor, I deferred to the homeowners' judgement as the stump presented no safety threat.

#83 ·
Thanks Junior- I complete every job to the best of my abilities. I like to think of my work as my calling card.

In terms of that stump, it was a 24" Oak stump. I suggested removing it to the homeowners but they wanted it left behind. So as the contractor, I deferred to the homeowners' judgement as the stump presented no safety threat.
Ah, okay, I was about to say thats goin to be one big eyesore once they get some green grass..

#84 ·
Don't worry, that's what I thought as well. Luckily, the stump can't be seen from the street as the rock wall hides it.:rolleyes: And the grass kinda of hides it now as well. Gotta do what the customer wants. :)

#87 ·
Thanks, it was a mix of both adding soil and tilling it and then hydroseeding it. While the job turned out fine, if I were to do it again, I would have added some limestone earlier to the soil to knock down the acidity of the soil (a lot of moss in areas) and get an even greener lawn, faster. That way I could have saved on trucking in new soil.

Live and learn, right?

#89 ·
What kind of job would you turn the ride control off for, did someone recommend turning it off for any reason?

My machine has been on since new with no problems, running different attachments. It has 480 hours with no problems.
For digging and using a tree shear in bumpy terrain. I find it annoying trying to dig or do a driveway when the loader arms are moving up and down

#90 ·
For digging and using a tree shear in bumpy terrain. I find it annoying trying to dig or do a driveway when the loader arms are moving up and down
I have found the same thing. I really like having it on a trigger. The newer CASE machines have it on an on and off switch off of the control handle. Have not run it yet but I would have prefered if they would have left that alone. Don't have to get off the machine to change it but I am on and off the ride control a lot and stopping to turn it on and off even on the dash is a step backward I think.

#91 ·
I have found the same thing. I really like having it on a trigger. The newer CASE machines have it on an on and off switch off of the control handle. Have not run it yet but I would have prefered if they would have left that alone. Don't have to get off the machine to change it but I am on and off the ride control a lot and stopping to turn it on and off even on the dash is a step backward I think.
Bobcat has float on the handles but the ride control is operated out of the back of the machine unless I missed that function somewhere on the handles. I does work really, really good, though, as a counter-bounce especially with the nifty two-speed. Since I stripped down my s330's weight to about 8900-9100 lbs with bucket and tilt tatch, it keeps me from bouncing or tipping forward on downhill runs with a full bucket or grapple full of brush.

#93 ·
Flairland- It wasn't the best way of doing things, but I used the Harley Rake. I did two really slow passes, with the last pass being almost 4 inches deep. Once I had everything roughed up real good, it did a final skim pass to level everything out.

Duramax- I am working in Sterling, MA. Right down the road from you in Clinton. Knarly terrain huh? And that's not the worst as you know.

Yellowdog- Do you have ride control on your Bobcat? If so, do you think that it is something worthwhile to have?

#94 ·
Sterling I knew it, there is a nice little sand pit right under the lines. I spent most of my early years out in those woods. Last time I was out there, the ruts had gotten awful..Seemed like they ran skidders through there in the spring and it just turned to mud. Keep up the good work.. Let me know if you get a cutter head, I get asked to do some brush work that I would be glad to send your way.

#95 ·
Thanks Duramax- you have a PM as well.

Ya, they are running some serious skidders through the area right now. The ruts are pretty bad- especially when you have to track over them in the morning and they are frozen.:rolleyes: Those pics I took were off a access road that is off of Hardscabble Rd. in Sterling (if that rings a bell). We are now approaching RT 140.

#97 ·
Patience young grasshopper! (jk)

I was moved to another section of the ROW last week with another T320 and there wasn't too much action going on. This week I am finishing that section and then moving farther north to a big crew. There should be some skidders there that I can grab some photos of.

In the meantime, I'll put up some pics of my second company job. This job involved many parts including clearing, excavating and installing a new stone driveway through the woods, rehabbing an exisiting stone driveway, installing a new front and back yard, new landscaping, a stone perimeter around a foundation and powerwashing the patio. Oh ya- I did this job alone in less than 4 (really long) days. Now for the many before and after photos!

Plant Tree Natural landscape Wood Terrestrial plant

Plant Ecoregion Natural landscape Tree Branch

Plant Tree Road surface Shade Natural landscape

Plant Tree Road surface Branch Shade

#99 ·
Part II: Photos of the new driveway being installed.

Plant Plant community Natural landscape Wood Tree

Plant Vehicle Wood Tree Asphalt

Plant Vehicle Wood Tree Trunk

Plant Plant community Natural landscape Tree Road surface

#100 ·
Part III: Grading of New Yard(s).

Plant Wood Land lot Grass Tree

Plant Property Green Building Wood

Wood Sunlight Shade Grass Flooring

Plant Road surface Tree Asphalt Land lot

#101 ·
Finally, Part IV: Miscellaneous finish photos.

Plant Plant community Tree Natural landscape Wood

Plant Furniture Plant community Road surface Outdoor furniture

Plant Car Wheel Tree Brickwork

Plant Tree Shade Brick Brickwork

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.