New Beginning's - ARPI photo tour

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ARP, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I been trying to figure this out, but if I am not mistaken didnt you have a CAT rented or bought, or something of that?

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

You may want to talk with Yellow Dog. It sounded like that Bobcat RC was not all that great. I love it, I have had it on every machine I get since 1999. It is a huge time saver. I can haul ass across most jobs sites with a full bucket without losing material or killing the operator.

3. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

KSSS- Thanks, I will. The ride is a little rough but isn't unbearable. Just hurts goin over the huge, frozen, wheel ruts made by the skidders. It's all in how you drive the machine just like everything else.

To all the other Bobcat track loader users out there- does anyone have ride control? How do you like it?

Junior: No, I think you might have me confused with someone else. I was seriously considering a Cat trackloader but I never rented nor owned one.

4. Junior M

Hmm, I swore it was you, cause the avatar was a pick up just like yours with a CAT on a between the axle towmaster tag? Dang, I wonder who I am thinking of..

5. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 2008 t190 how do you know if you have ride control????

6. Junior M

Hmm, did you order it or was it on the spec sheet when you picked it up? ;) :laugh: Genius.. :hammerhead: :laugh:

7. mrsops

O its an option I didn't even no :laugh: I guess I don't have it then

8. Junior M

Freakin Genius.. :hammerhead: :laugh:

I think you've spent a little to much time around CAT equipment, please return to the white side.. :laugh:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  9. mrsops

Take it easyyyyyy lil man, and you mean the white side :usflag:

10. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Well before I collapse in bed for the evening, I thought some of you might enjoy some photos from the day today. Nothing spectacular but at least you can get an idea of what the terrain is like. On this job I am responsible for raking and stacking brush and debris on the side of the ROW after it is cut down. Overall, I probably cleared over a mile of tree line today and am about an hour behind being caught up to the work that has taken 2 tree crews and a mulching crew 4 days to accomplish. Not the most glamorous of work, but it sure is a nice change of pace for a month and a half. Interesting terrain to operate on...

Note: For a frame of reference for distance I cleared today, the hill in the distance in the first picture is about a quarter mile away from where my machine is pictured. I cleared up to and beyond that hill on both sides of the ROW for another quarter mile. (It's a long walk if I throw a track...)

Enjoy!

IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg