Lawn Care Forum banner

New Beginning's - ARPI photo tour

756K views 3K replies 182 participants last post by  EA Quinn 
#1 ·
Well, after just graduating college and having my company pick up steam after being in business just a little over a year now, I thought I would start sharing pics of what I do. I certainly enjoy seeing everyone else's stories told through photos so I thought I would start contributing a little bit on here :waving: I've got a bunch of photos from last year that I will post as time allows, but I thought I would start with some photos of new equipment.

So for your viewing pleasure, may I introduce "The Beast" (or insert other witty name here :rolleyes:). She is currently on a Rent-Own program (so no one can call me out *trucewhiteflag*), that I hope to convert to a ownership program in 1.5-3 months depending on work load. She starts her first job this Monday clearing storm damage from ROWs an hour north of my home.

Enjoy and thanks for looking! Hopefully I will have many more photos to share in the coming year.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

See less See more
#102 ·
For the machines on the job, I used a Cat 236B skidsteer, Komatsu PC35 miniex, and a 1 ton ride on roller.

#103 ·
Well I'm back. 4:30 mornings sure do come early:rolleyes:

Anyways- we have been bookin down the ROW. Thought some of you might enjoy seeing the equipment on the job in action.

Thought the last shot is interesting- a new way to plow snow:cool2:

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Plant Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle

Water Plant Vehicle Sky Slope

Snow Automotive tire Plant Vehicle Tire

#104 ·
Ah, I love early mornings, only when I am goin to work though, past that, they can screw off... :laugh:

Never seen one of them bucket skidder looking thingy mabobbers, interesting looking machines..

When you say "we" You mean you, that other 320 and that tree trimming crew? One quick question, are you a sub to a subcontractor or are you working directly for the power company?

#106 ·
Neat skidder bucket truck, around here they use bucket trucks on tracks. Just curious i see that nice F450 (or 350)? truck but it's not a dump. Wouldn't you rather have it a dump if your doing that much with stone and landscaping? What do you use to get your material around?

#107 ·
Those skidders can go over some tough terrain. Sure makes regular bucket trucks look puny :laugh:

Junior: I work as a subcontractor to a subcontractor. But it is weird because I also communicate directly with the power company. Oh well- it works for now.

The other T320 on site has seen better days. Both rear lights are destroyed, the front lights are pushed in, and the undercarriage needs some attention. They have also had a host of other problems with the machine and most of them are due to past "operators."

In terms of my truck (F450), the reason I didn't get a dump is because I need my truck to pull my big gooseneck and carry my tools and fuel tank around. If I need material, I usually get it delivered by several trucking companies in triaxles or trailers. The stone in the photos before this set, was delivered in two triaxles. Right now, it is much cheaper for me to have my materials trucked by other companies than to do it myself.

#109 ·
I'm working for Asplundh.

#110 ·
One more action pic. A little foggy yesterday. Supposed to have a foot of snow in that same shot on Monday.

Plant Sky Natural environment Snow Natural landscape

#112 ·
Hours- ha! Let's see. Up at 4:30, on the road at 5:30, on site at 7:00. I then work anywhere from 3:00- 5:00 in the afternoon. Repeat the hour and 15 minute drive home. Go to bed at 8:00 (puts a serious kink in the social life ;-) ). Repeat. Suposed to be moving farther north soon, so I should be getting up around 4:00 to be on the road by 5:00. Just a longer drive but at least I have work.

I did this same schedule for my past employer. As grateful as I was for the work, getting up to go to my own job makes the early mornings slightly more enjoyable. Overall, I'm billing anywhere from 40-50 hours a week, with an additional 18 hours on the road.

In terms of my truck, I'm not going to be plowing anytime in the future with that. Too many things that could go wrong for the limited financial reward of plowing with the truck. Certainly could handle a plow though!

#114 ·
The trailer and the machine are at the house every weekend for security reasons. During the week I lock it up and leave it on site.

#116 ·
So far I have been lucky with people not messing with the equipment. I keep everything locked up/ shut off to discourage people from messings with things. Beyond that, that's what insurance is for.

The other attachments should be being added by the end of march.

#119 ·
Thanks, the truck works really well for my operation. Here are a couple more pics of the truck when it was clean :rolleyes: Also, I apologize if I break any computer screen with the photo of the ugly guy in the last pic.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive parking light

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive side marker light

Wheel Tire Plant Car Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Jeans Car

#121 ·
Ron- Don't ya just hate it when the line of girls just dries up? Gosh, I would think that grease covered clothes, diesel soaked hands, and really early hours would be a major attraction to the female species:rolleyes:

Note: Still waiting for that girl Kenny Chesney says: "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy.":cool2:

#123 ·
Hmm- guess I should get the piggy bank out for all these future computer claims:rolleyes:

The trailer was just a little over $10k. Comparable Big Texs and Towmasters were running $12-16K. Other than a lack of grommets around wear points for the trailer wiring, the finish and quality of the trailer is excellent. (Nothing that couldn't be fixed with electrical tape to protect from any possible chafing.)

A quick plug: Wendall from Fayette Trailers was excellent to deal with. I would suggest that anyone looking for a trailer call him. They supposedly move 800 trailers a year so they know their stuff and can get you anything you need.

#124 ·
Hmm- guess I should get the piggy bank out for all these future computer claims:rolleyes:

The trailer was just a little over $10k. Comparable Big Texs and Towmasters were running $12-16K. Other than a lack of grommets around wear points for the trailer wiring, the finish and quality of the trailer is excellent. (Nothing that couldn't be fixed with electrical tape to protect from any possible chafing.)

A quick plug: Wendall from Fayette Trailers was excellent to deal with. I would suggest that anyone looking for a trailer call him. They supposedly move 800 trailers a year so they know their stuff and can get you anything you need.
What do you mean around wear points? Dads a really picky Master Electrician and didnt have one problem with the wiring on our PJ, its all enclosed in EMT..

#125 ·
Well after being a boater my whole life, I just get paranoid about any possibility of chafing. The wear points I was talking about are where the wire bends around corners in the gooseneck area and goes into the trailer channels and touches metal edges. Granted, it would take years of vibrations to cause any problems, but again I'm a stickler and like to protect my investment.

#126 ·
Well after being a boater my whole life, I just get paranoid about any possibility of chafing. The wear points I was talking about are where the wire bends around corners in the gooseneck area and goes into the trailer channels and touches metal edges. Granted, it would take years of vibrations to cause any problems, but again I'm a stickler and like to protect my investment.
Ah, I get what your saying, since we dont have a gooseneck, we dont have that problem, but you might take some wire wrap and put it over the wire, that stuff is hard to wear through.. But like you said, it will take a long time to wear through that wire unless it has some substantial movement in it..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.