1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Beginning's - ARPI photo tour

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ARP, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

You do some good work, in that 4th pic, what did you do with that stump? I hope you didnt just leave it..
  2. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Junior- I complete every job to the best of my abilities. I like to think of my work as my calling card.

In terms of that stump, it was a 24" Oak stump. I suggested removing it to the homeowners but they wanted it left behind. So as the contractor, I deferred to the homeowners' judgement as the stump presented no safety threat.
  3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Ah, okay, I was about to say thats goin to be one big eyesore once they get some green grass..
  4. ARP

Don't worry, that's what I thought as well. Luckily, the stump can't be seen from the street as the rock wall hides it.:rolleyes: And the grass kinda of hides it now as well. Gotta do what the customer wants. :)
  5. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Here for the price of a Grant someone would grind that stump up so they don't have to mow around it.
  6. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

Nice pictures APR! The grading job looks good too. Did you add soil or till it?
  7. ARP

Thanks, it was a mix of both adding soil and tilling it and then hydroseeding it. While the job turned out fine, if I were to do it again, I would have added some limestone earlier to the soil to knock down the acidity of the soil (a lot of moss in areas) and get an even greener lawn, faster. That way I could have saved on trucking in new soil.

Live and learn, right?
  8. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

Definitely. What did you use to till it up?
  9. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

For digging and using a tree shear in bumpy terrain. I find it annoying trying to dig or do a driveway when the loader arms are moving up and down
  10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I have found the same thing. I really like having it on a trigger. The newer CASE machines have it on an on and off switch off of the control handle. Have not run it yet but I would have prefered if they would have left that alone. Don't have to get off the machine to change it but I am on and off the ride control a lot and stopping to turn it on and off even on the dash is a step backward I think.