New Beginning's - ARPI photo tour

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ARP, Feb 15, 2009.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Get some aluminum ramps made so you can hop ditches at any time, and carry them on your roof of the T320.

2. WillieWonka1850

WillieWonka1850 LawnSite Fanatic

Now thats an awesome set up :drinkup:

3. ARP

ARP LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys.

That section of the ROW took about 4 hrs to mow, just because it was so wet.

Sean- the 50D should be ready this weekend. I'm giving the dealer a call tomorrow to check on things. We had to install another valve and solenoid to allow the mower to be an on/off operation. I'd like to pick it up tomorrow afternoon or Sat morning and then I'm going to be testing it this weekend before it goes on a job next week.

Ron- I like that idea :drinkup: I was also thinking about going to pull a "Bob" and go buy one of those tanks that has a bridge on top of it that folds down to go over rivers and what not. Might have to get a bigger truck if I went that route...

4. jokers dirt

jokers dirt LawnSite Member

Arp nice pics i do the same stuff here in the dirty south. yeah new to this site to

5. ARP

Welcome to the site jokers :drinkup:

6. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I'll still be buying boat anchors and growing the biz by then. So I'll have to borrow someones boat.. :drinkup:

Very nice!

Out of curiousity, you said you had a half mile to mow. How do you go about it?

7. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I live in Jackson so welcome neighbor.

8. ARP

Junior- well, not to make it sound complicated, but I get in my machine, turn it on, turn my ipod on, turn the mower on, and start driving :laugh:

Nah, I do have a little more technique to it than that, but it's basically like mowing a very large lawn, with a very big and expensive zero turn mower.

I do break the distances up into 300-500' long "blocks" that I then mow to take some of the monotony out of the work.

9. jokers dirt

jokers dirt LawnSite Member

awj services thanks yeah jackson is a little close to home.

10. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

yeah, like its a big ass stretch. Do you run so far and just decide to turn and go across the ROW and back down the other side? How do you determine how big of a stretch you mow at a time? Do you always mow back and forth?

I am just curious how you do the standard ROW, step by step, like the last one basically..