1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Bermuda Lawn.

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by gulfjoe, Dec 22, 2011.

1. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Folks,

I just had a new Tif 419 lawn installed in my new home and the sod was laid down 3 days ago. Luckily we are having rainy weather and 65+ degree temps here in Columbus Ga in the month of December. My question to you guys is.... I am new to Bermuda lawns and I am looking for a good plan to follow year round. I am willing to sink SOME bucks in the yard but not getting to crazy. I really want a site or feedback on what products to use year round, during different seasons. I have heard or LOTS of different stuff to do with Bermuda lawns and I am trying to get a feel for a happy median with the information you guys give me.

So my first real question is what is the first thing i need to do to my lawn? I know the sod has been heavily fertilized at the sod farm, but is there anything i need to do to it in the upcoming weeks/months being that it is about to get cold here. Its just taking a lil longer than normal.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Gulfjoe