New (better) Mulching Blades for the Quick 36

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jweiner, May 8, 2011.

1. jweiner

jweiner LawnSite Member

I was wondering if anyone else has received the new and supposedly better mulching blades for their Quick 36? I received mine at the end of last season and plan on trying them out soon. They are all black and seem to not be all that sharp. Any comments would be appreciated. Joel

2. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I have the old ones for mine and unless the design has changed don't bother trying them with the mulch plate installed ...very poor cut on grass....at least I'm my experience. In dry conditions the standard blades give a nice cut with the mulch plate installed. I only use my gators for breaking up dry leaves or breaking up aeration cores.

I will be posting a complete BOP blade cross reference blade review thread for the 32, 36 & 44 when I get a chance.

Can you take some pics of the new ones? All angles etc.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. jweiner

jweiner LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

4. jweiner

jweiner LawnSite Member

Sorry but I can not post any pics since between my first post and this post, I put on the new blades and mowed with them. They seem to have more of an angled "wing" to presumably help suspend the clippings in the deck longer for better mulching. They indeed did seem to work better than the original blades. It was very dry out today (in Milwaukee, WI) and I did notice a bunch of very small grass particles coming out from under the deck and just flying around in the air. By the time I was done mowing, I needed a shower as I was covered in grass. I'm not sure if this is considered normal, but I am just happy that I didn't have any of those annoying "mulch stripes" that I used to get with the original blades. Joel

5. chuacro

chuacro LawnSite Senior Member

I kept waiting for the new blades for a 32 dually. Got tired of waiting and sold it.

6. Exact Rototilling

Oregon blade
    # 91-313 are a noticeable improvement over standard 32 blades. I'm not putting the standard blades back on until June or July. Major clog fest. If you own a Q32 you need the 91-313 blades. Frankly if I didn't have the 91-313 blades I'd be pretty irked.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Exact Rototilling

There seems to be a fuzzy factor on what blades are which and what on the BOP mowers. Will try post pics to clear this up at some point.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. chuacro

chuacro LawnSite Senior Member

I appreciate your response. Gary told me he would send the new blades free of charge for my 32 dually when available. Got tired of waiting.

9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

i have run the improved blades on my quick ninja this spring. mowing some nice, juicy spring growth (but not wet conditions). you get noticably more blowout from the front of the deck. the machine also roars more. clogging is improved some, but i was still surprised to see as much buildup as i did under the deck. same nice finished cut as usual. jury is still out for me on the benefits of these blades.

10. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I noticed right away that it discharged farther with the updated blades vs the standard blades.