New Better pics of my truck

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by FrankenScagMachines, Mar 7, 2005.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Here it is after we took off the grandpa accessories (fiberglass topper and fender trim/running boards) and got it cleaned up a lot. I got the interior setup with my laptop and printer running off of a 400 watt dual outlet power inverter. I put in my Sony Xplod Cd/Mp3 player unit. The truck has 4 or 6 speakers in it from the factory and it sounds so good I won't bother to put in the amp and subs (they take too much valuable room anyway).
    So far I really love this truck! I calculated it has saved me $48.67 in fuel the last 3 days. Of course I have driven it a lot where I would not have driven my other truck, instead I would have borrowed mom's Intrepid to save on fuel. But now I have a comfortable affordable vehicle to drive on trips and running around. On the first tank i've put in it, was 326 miles. The first half of that or more I was getting in it a lot around town, the second part was 140 miles interstate driving at 70-75 mph. Got 15.6 mpg. I would have got 7 mpg in my Ford flatbed (regardless of how you drive it or constant or stop and go). This tank of fuel I am babying it to see how good the best I can get is. I'm thinking around 18/19 or so is what I will get.

anyway here is some pics. Enjoy and let me know what you think. I still have yet to get my chrome wheels put on it (factory Dodge chrome wheels).

IMG00001.jpg

2. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

IMG00006.jpg

3. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

interior office shot. thats my little bro in the passenger seat.

IMG00007.jpg

4. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

The printer is a HP DeskJet 672 Series or something like that. I don't know exactly but it was free and works great for what I need it for :) Saturday I gave an estimate on a mulching job and the guy was really impressed with the printed estimate on the spot :)
    The printer sits right there just fine, doesn't go anywhere. The inverter I mounted under the edge of the seat on the corner of the center floor hump, under the edge of the passenger seat. I hard wired an auxillary fuse panel (all of my trucks have this, very handy when adding accessories) under the glove box. You can run up to 6 items off of it. I then wired the inverter up to that, so its fused there. Then the inverter has a fuse for each of its outlets. So hopefully nothing bad happens to the setup. I did have it running off of a 175W single output inverter but a buddy traded me this one so I have more than double the power plus two outlets :)
    Sorry for rambling. I'm really excited about this setup, I think its gonna work great. i bought the materials to build a computer mount and it was going to work great but it ended up that there was no where to put it where the computer would not get in the way of the center console folding or opening up or the cupholder above the stereo or anything, and it works great sitting on the center console so I said just leave it there! You can close it and rest your arm on it so it doesn't slide anywhere.

Ok last pic for now.

IMG00008.jpg

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Good luck with your new truck..I would put a bug deflector on the front to dress it up a little bit.

6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Looks good FrankenScag.........Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, a bug deflector would dress it up a little :)

7. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

thanks guys. i might look into one this summer. right now i'm too busy and money is tight.

8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

excellent eric, glad to see you got your diesel rig at last!!!!
    Looks like the ford in the background, if only I was closer I would take it.
    When do you expect to be up and running by?

9. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Yes we live on a highway so its a great location to sell vehicles, mowers etc. The ford is "on the road" as we say.
    We should start cutting in 3 weeks :eek: I'm not nearly ready. Will work on stuff a lot more this week, new advertising, renewals, etc.
    Thanks,
    Eric

10. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Eric,

Looks real good!

HP makes a portable printer that you might consider. I know that it will sit in the console of the Dodge and you can port some holes for the wiring to the laptop.

Great idea though. Go get em' !