1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Big Tex Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Blades of Steel, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

Purchased a new Big Tex trailer today. Can't wait to get it. 7 x 16 landscaper, 2 gates, electric brackes. spare tire, tool racks, gate assists.

Here's the kicker.. I don't know what color to pick. I was thinking yellow!!!! What do you guys think about that? The other option is amazon green, but everyone has the green. Basically they said I could have any color I choose.

Help me pick!!!!! What color...... Green or Yellow

http://www.bigtextrailers.com/spec/70lr.html.

Tim

:D :D :D

2. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

Cool! I've got a Big Tex too.....dark blue which matches my truck exactly. I know everyone's got green but wouldn't yellow scuff up easy? Just a thought. Yellow would definitely get you noticed though.

3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

im getting that exact trailer but without trailer brakes for $1,150, how much did you pay?:-D This guy is in Texas, might be of interest, let me know.

4. LouisianaZJ

LouisianaZJ LawnSite Member

5. Blades of Steel

Thanks for the help. I am turning my 5x12 into a leaf vacuuming machine for the winter. Just got to figure out what to with the leafs over the weekend.

Yellow would deffinately get me noticed, but green is soooo normal. I want to stand out on the road.

I hate easy decisions!

:blob4:

6. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

blades,

what color is the truck that will pull this?

how much did you pay, as you have specked it? sounds like a nice trailer

7. cklands

cklands LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

Lets see some picks of the final decision.

8. Blades of Steel

2367 $ out the door. I am driving to the factory to pick it up in 3 weeks. Will post new pics as soon as I get it back here.

My truck is white and uglier than the trailer behind it. I will have paid more for the truck than the trailer when it gets here

Blades

9. hortboy

hortboy LawnSite Member

watch out for the wiring configuration on big-tex trailers. they run there wires through holes drilled in the frame w/ no protective wraps. After one year I had to rewire the entire trailer or continue to change fuses numerous times a day. The holes they cut had vary sharp edges. Other than that great trailer.

10. hunter

hunter LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Go with yellow. It will get you noticed and phone calls.

trailer_1.jpeg