1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New biz questions...N.Carolina(Charlotte)

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by WillMowForBeer, Feb 6, 2006.

1. WillMowForBeer

WillMowForBeer LawnSite Member

Allright, I am about at my wits end...I am trying to start a LCO in the Charlotte/Concord area but these are the problems/questions I have:

This is what I think is right, please tell me if I am off base here...

I do not have to get a business lic. until I go to get my pesticides lic. or if I want to have an away from home office or if I hire an employee. Right?
    As soon as I apply for the pest. lic. I will need to have my business lic.

When I do get a business lic. I only need the license for the CITY the business is based out of right? not each city/county I intend to do work in.
    Does the type of work change the license? Light landscaping and lawncare as apposed to just mowing?

I was going to name the business LANDSCAPES but there is already a LANDSCAPES LLC on the state corp. registry web site showing "active"
    Now what? LANDSCAPES LAWNCARE instead? My last name is Land by the way...

I know this is getting long but I want to do this right from the beginning !

Thanks for ANY help!

Rob :drinkup:
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Im sorry, this is off topic but i must say that i love your avatar!!

I think you have to get a biz lisense regardless though since you are making money.
  3. shiveslandcsaping

shiveslandcsaping LawnSite Member

You need to go ahead and get your business license. Its not that expensive anyways. No you dont have to have it to get your pesticide license and yes you do have to get license for every town you intend on doing business in. First off you need to register your company name in the county your company resides.