new bizz idea.......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

..... ya right

i just got a flyer on my mailbox pay for 6 months lawn service get 6 months free.

and it was done buy this new company in the area that has new everything and a A.R.E. wrap over both the truck and trailer. must be nice to have more $ then brains?

2. Marvelous Gardens

Marvelous Gardens LawnSite Member

You have got to be joking!!:hammerhead:

3. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

All they have to do is charge double. They get all their money up front in the first six months. Whats wrong with that ?

4. Marvelous Gardens

Marvelous Gardens LawnSite Member

Well down here in South Texas that would be hard to do because our growing season is a little longer than in other places. Sometimes we will be mowing a property every week, sometimes bi-weekly, once a month it all depends on the weather. In my area I dont think that you could come out ahead with that offer.

5. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

That's nonsense. You know how much fuel is?????

6. executive property maintenance

executive property maintenance LawnSite Member

i should do that here in mass of course we only mow half the year lol i wonder how many people would fall for it

7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

That has to be the dumbest gimmick I have heard in the lawn biz. Friggin' Idiots!

8. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

what you never heard of a loss leader!?

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It sounds alright to me. They charge accordingly, they work the heavy season, then, when the ff season is in, they have approx. 6 months of lighter work. Nothing is free...they are charging for it.
    Now, I've see some foolish move up HERE like that - that didn't make sense. I've seen Do the season, and get "free now plowing". needless to say, the "snowplowing season" never got fulfilled to the customers. Something like that, you just cannot predict.
    Down in Venice, doesn't the season slow down and the cutting slows down quite a bit, and just alot of tree trimming and such are being done?

10. LawnSharks

LawnSharks LawnSite Senior Member

Wouldn't work here even if it is low cost leader. Too much competition, customers are too smart to fall for it. I wish him well.