new "Black Pearl" sprayer/spreader

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by americanlawn, Sep 18, 2007.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

http://www.eandlcp.com/black_pearl.htm

Anybody have experience with these?

Andy of LT Rich told me about these.........just by the looks of these, I'm wondering how heavy duty they are??

rscvp Thanks:usflag:

2. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah andy is a nice very helpful ...

the black pearl looks okay i would like to see it in person before i bought one...there was a dealer for the z jr i got here in twon so i stopped by and looked at it and then went to lesco to look at the pg......good luck let us know what you get.....

3. americanlawn

from midwest

Thanks gregory -- I trust Andy (LT Rich Z-Spray), and I figure he will not steer me wrong, cuz I've talked to people that dealt with him. Sure....I could go with more Permagreen units, but they have concerns that I'm not happy with.....poor turning radius, lack of hydrostatic drive, fixed speed, fixed spray width, poor weed control. Seems the PG units are "fixed" (limited). This is why I'm probably gunna switch away from Permagreen (they have had years to improve their units, but so far, nothing's happened??).

We have tweaked our PG units as far as we could, yet I wonder why their factory did not do what we did with them??? Same o same o doesn't cut it with me. I'm tired of the same old technology that Permagreen shovels out.

Anybody else feel this same way??? rscvp thanks

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I did a weed control test last week. Compared Permagreen Ultra using Eliminate, with high volume spray of Triester II. Toughest weed was oxalis.
    Both worked, but I thought the PG with Eliminate was a little better.

5. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I have yet to see any weed control problems with my Magnum.

American,

What PG models are you running?

6. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

I am very pleased with my magnum the changes over the ultra have been
    for the better. Other than the position of the spray tips. One thing is
    the gas mileage is night and day to the ultra. The black pearl
    looks just like a centri/ultra If I had 8000 to spend i would
    by a z spray not some new machine

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

So this Black Pearl is built by LT Rich?

8. americanlawn

from midwest

Hi rcreech -- we run two 2004 Ultra units. We revamped their spray units so we can finally get efficient weed kill. Replaced the tires and many many other parts over the years. Both of them have been in the shop for impeller gear problems too. Seems I'm spending $700 per unit per year now.........they are on their last leg, and I don't like "n-----rigging equipment.

I wish PG units would last as long as other equipment & trucks we use, but that ain't gunna happen. This is why I'm looking toward Z-Spray units. Just don't know what size to get.

Take care buddy, americanlawn :usflag:

9. americanlawn

from midwest

I doubt it very much. It doesn't look like it has the "industrial strength" that Z-Sprays have........plus, it's made in Connecticut. If I could try it out, I might be interested though???:usflag:

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, it's weird that it has no website. All there is is the site of the mower shop and service center or whatever it is.