1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New Bladeds Hitting

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by arkydog, Aug 2, 2004.

1. arkydog

arkydog LawnSite Member

Just Installed new set of blades service dept recomended part# 103-1580 on my lazer Z serial # 166902 and the hit! Suppose to be correct blade. Any suggestions??

E-mail oneabarky@netzero.com
  2. Engine 41

Engine 41 LawnSite Member

I had the same problem w/ my tthp. Had to what seemed like time the blades by pointing the two outside blades to the outside and the center one straight ahead. (-- l --) Maybe this can help you if not it may be a spindle prob. from what I understand.
  3. arkydog

arkydog LawnSite Member

I ground off the edges of the blades, about a 1/32" and balanced blades, adjusted deck, tire pressure, straightened any small bends or dents in the deck, and it still has this one stripe on one side of the deck, the oppisite side of the shute. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

MY dealer doesn't seem to wanna help, hope you can.

Attached is picture of extra striped lawn.

The correct e-mail address is: oneabarky@netzero.net

I messed up and used com instead of net.

4. Jackman

Jackman LawnSite Member
    from Zone

Arkydog, if you have the proper blade try new blade bolts. When the blade bolts wear they do not hold the blade center to the spindle which in turn makes the tips hit.... at least thats what happen on my Z....
  5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

The first thing I would do is take it into the dealer. Not only will he most likely be able to find the problem much faster but will also be able to fixe it much faster as well.