new blower attachment for Stihl Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, May 25, 2008.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone tried the new blower attachment Stihl has created this year for some of the 4 mix trimmers. It is supposed to have 559 cfm. It's pictured below.

BGattachment.jpg

2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks pretty ********. 559 CFM sure is alot though.

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I saw one sat in the shop....I didnt get it off the rack but it doesnt look like it would be comfy to use....I wonder what advantage it has over a regular blower???

wayne

4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

How about that you dont need a blower if you have a KM series powerhead? I have looked at them and they are supposed to be more powerful then a BG85.

5. BarrFarms

BarrFarms LawnSite Member
    from Ne Ar

I have one for my KM 110 R. It works well, use the shoulder strap, and use one hand from there, the only blower I now use, it is true the 559 cfm, it will blow caked on dirt from sidewalks no problem.

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

That might be nice for guys with the Kombi; they maybe don't need to carry the backpack everywhere.

7. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks awful hard to use unless you're doing the homeowner style "blow it into the street". I see a lot of homeowners using those type of devices in the lower income neighborhood I work in.

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Boy I can't believe no one figured it out yet. In the areas where they have a band on backpack and hand held leaf blowers. This is the perfect solution. As it technically isn't a leaf blower. Its a wind tube.

9. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

LOL I hadnt thought about that...

wayne

10. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I guess pretty soon you won't even be able to enjoy a nice fart without somebody raising a stink about it. Tony
    Unusual blower, uh, windtube. btw