New Blower choice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rdwittmann, Aug 25, 2013.

1. HudsonBrosLawnCare

HudsonBrosLawnCare LawnSite Member

Stihl Br600 Magnums are simply the best! You will not regret buying one.

2. rdwittmann

rdwittmann LawnSite Member

Shidiawa is owned by Echo. I will not go back with Echo. Too many bad experiences.

3. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

I understand being burned by Echo. But as a subsidiary, Shindaiwa is still a seperate entity. If Husqvarna burned you, would you write off Redmax too? Exceptions being rebadged versions of the "offending" manufacturer.

With the intermingling of the big manufacturers, it's all a big fuzzy mess anyway. Echo owns Shin, Husky owns Redmax. Hitachi owns Tanaka, Maruyama uses Kawasaki engines on their backpack blowers. Stihl uses Redmax engines on some of their backpack blowers. Who makes the best blower? Tougher question then It should be.

4. rdwittmann

The whole reason that Echo went with Shinaiwa was so that they could use their carburators. So, yes, I am blowing them off too.

5. rdwittmann

I have decided to go with Stihl. I have always had good luck with my Stihl trimmers and hand held blowers. Plus, when I tried them on, the Stihl was very comfy.

6. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Just curious what this is based on? I've had a few Kaws, all have been solid. Had one stolen, sold a smaller blower. But my krb700 looks like it was in the civil war, but runs like new still. Anecdotal? Yes. Throw away? Toss em my way eh?

And congrats to the OP. Most br600 owners seem to love them.

7. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Currently, the Husqvarna 580 and Redmax 8500 are the best and most powerful.

8. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a husky 570, very comfortable, starts everytime and has a ton of scouring power at 236mph.

9. WillsLandscape

WillsLandscape LawnSite Member

Isn't Kawasaki getting out of the two stroke power equipment industry at the end of this year though? Might be even harder to get parts after then.

10. austins35

austins35 LawnSite Member

more of a figure of speech Most machines are as good as there owners maintain them (most)

I will readily agree Redmax, and Shindaiwa make great blowers.