New Blower choice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rdwittmann, Aug 25, 2013.

1. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Pretty much what I thought. Compare the number of moving parts in the two and get back to me. I'm not bashing Stihl, just that the Kaw is a simpler design. Simple is good.

2. austins35

austins35 LawnSite Member

I have three BR420 mag's that are just over 22 years old (I bought them new, original cylinders and pistons) they still run like they hate the world check that an get back to me lol

3. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

Br420 is a whole nother critter. Simple. Simple is good.

4. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Bought a Sthil BR 600 this spring. Happy enough a buy another one.

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

According to Stihl, they introduced the BR320 and BR400 24 years ago (1989), and I know the 420's didn't come out only two years after that, so your 420's can't be 22 years old. Are you sure they're 420's and not 400's?

http://www.stihlusa.com/information/corporate/about-us/stihl-history/corporate-timeline/

6. WayneJessie

WayneJessie LawnSite Member

I really love my RedMax 7500.

7. austins35

8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

No need to go to PM. If you (or anyone, including me) post(s) information here that may be incorrect, then this is the place to address it and correct it. You may be correct, however, it doesn't seem so going by Stihl's info.

9. austins35

ok whatever you say apparently you know everything either way I could care less your a non issue for me carry on

10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

No need to be a jerk dude. I just asked a simple question because your statements about having a 22 year old 420 seems unlikely at this point.

No, I don't know everything. That's why I asked if you were sure. It is also why I asked Stihl directly when the 420 came out. If they tell me that you were right, I'll gladly say so here. The only way to learn anything is to ask and pay attention.