new blower Echo PB-650

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by justanotherlawnguy, Apr 2, 2005.

1. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I was going to wait til later in the year to get a new blower, currently I have a pb403. Does ok job, but lately I have been getting really busy and have been wasting some time with the blowing (i.e. blower is a sissy and I have to go over some parts twice).

I got a call for a new customer who wanted reg lawn service and also a big leaf clean up. Her lot has like 15 huge oaks and there was a good bit of leaves on the property. I figured like 8 hours, so i offered to do it for $400. I told her it would probably take me a couple of days because of other commitments, she said fine. THe first day I was getting killed with the 403. SO after an hour I was out of there and told myself, "now would be a good time to get that blower". I was debating between the Redmax 7001 and the Echo 650. After researching the Lawnsite, I choose the Echo. I recently bought a Echo trimmer, a 260-S and have a new appreciation for Echos higher end commercial stuff.

I thought people were kidding on how much gas it uses. It does consume some fuel, kind of like my Chevy. But oh well, It is one bad A$$ blowing machine. I save so much time on my blowing it is incredible. I can literally squeeze 1-2 more jobs in, and as far as the leaf clean up. WOW, what a time saver.

Oh yeah, when I went to buy it the salesman tried to sell me the 620 and said it wasnt much different. I figured if I was dropping some cash for a blower, I might as well drop 75 bucks more and get the big one.
    Go get one if you dont have one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. a a green

a a green LawnSite Member

I was thinking about getting one, I tried a friends and it was one mean machine. I was very impressed with its power. I don't know about how much fuel it uses but I believe what you say... :cool2:
  3. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had my Echo PB650 for a few years and like it very much. It does consume fuel but its power allows you to complete your tasks much quicker. At 71 Decibals, mine is not very loud either. I have never tried Redmax so I can't compare but so far so good with the Echo
  4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I have used one, it is a GREAT blower! I may get one at the end of this season. I have 2 stihls now, and one of them may be on the way out by the end of the year. I will probably replace it with an echo 650.
  5. USM Lawns

USM Lawns LawnSite Member

I use the Echo PB-650's as well and they are awesome blowers.

They save us a ton of time and have great power. I need to buy another one for spring clean ups if spring ever comes...

Just... I want to try the new SRM-261T this spring. I hear it's a monster!
  6. gavinslawncare

gavinslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have a echo 751 blower it the best blower in the world more power then i need for sure
  7. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I too had a 403, was ok but not compared to the 650 I traded it on. I have one yard that has lots of oaks also and it cut my time in half.
  8. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

I have one and I just wish I had waited the 2 days to get the trigger throttle, but I needed it now when my 420 took a dump
  9. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

luv our 650...seems to be takin a lickin and keep on tick'en.
  10. GetSomeGOJO

GetSomeGOJO LawnSite Member

Just got one myself. Pushed my partner around the lot with it.