new blower, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DylanK, Aug 19, 2006.

1. DylanK

DylanK LawnSite Member

okay, this lady asked me to do her leaves this fall, she said she has 2 acres but i have not seen the property yet... i have a husky 145BT.. would it be worth it to buy a bigger more powerful blower

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Im not trying to be a smarty tail here, but if I had 2 acres of trees/leaves, I would be in search of something more than a backpack.

wayne

3. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

I totally agree. AT least a ebz8000 and a 11hp honda little wonder. Are you going to remove the leaves form the property? If you are you might want to invest in a leaf vac...IMO LawnInOrder

4. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

you deffently will need a better blower at least an 11 hp or maybe even a 13 hp for 2 acres. i use them on anything more than about 3000sqf. you should also make enough off of a 2 acre cleanup the cover the cost of the new blower.

5. DylanK

DylanK LawnSite Member

yeah i might get a billy goat push blower... and keep my backpack blower also... what engine - 8hp honda ($1200) or 10hp Briggs ($1000)??? also, my friend has a lesco truck loader so i will pay him to come by and suck up the leaves

6. DylanK

DylanK LawnSite Member

oh yeah... i was thinking about $1000 for the clean up... this is my first year btw

7. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

If that's all you have to do, rent something.
    Also, some dealers will rent you a unit and if you decide to buy, they'll take the rental fee off the purchase price.

8. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you definitely have the job? I agree with Tharrel, you might want to rent the machinery you need at first. Don't buy it just for this one job. If you are starting to pick up more work and see the need to own it, then go for it.