1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

New Blower Or Sulky?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by mwalz, Sep 12, 2013.

1. mwalz

mwalz LawnSite Bronze Member

Now I need to make a choice, well don't really need to but i want one of the 2....a 2-wheel sulky because my 1-wheel leaves a tire mark...or a backpack blower........I can get a 2-wheel sulky for $170, or get a echo backpack blower for $260. It's not that one is cheaper over the other, i just don't have the money for both, just one right now. I have a cheap craftsman blower that i use now and the thing has power but i want a backpack one. Just wondering what you guys think I should do? 2-wheel sulky or backpack blower?

2. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Unless somebody's complaining about the line I'd run the sulky and save money for a bigger blower than what $260 buys.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Leaf season is coming. BP blower fo sho...buy as much power as you can afford. A BP blower will more than pay for itself during leaf season alone = in time saved.

Backing up over leaves with a walk-behind is very productive for mulching purposes...something that is not as easily done with a sulky attached...(or with a belt-drive).

4. TML

TML LawnSite Senior Member

If your cheap Craftsman blower dies now you have nothing. As previously stated try and save a little more, $260 does not get much of anything in the blower market. At $300 or just a few $ more you can get a Husqvarna 150 or equivalent that is entry level commercial quality and has enough power to work through a clean-up. Take the sulky off all together.
    Posted via Mobile Device