New Blower Or Sulky?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by mwalz, Sep 12, 2013.

1. mwalz

mwalz LawnSite Bronze Member

Now I need to make a choice, well don't really need to but i want one of the 2....a 2-wheel sulky because my 1-wheel leaves a tire mark...or a backpack blower........I can get a 2-wheel sulky for $170, or get a echo backpack blower for $260. It's not that one is cheaper over the other, i just don't have the money for both, just one right now. I have a cheap craftsman blower that i use now and the thing has power but i want a backpack one. Just wondering what you guys think I should do? 2-wheel sulky or backpack blower?

2. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

Unless somebody's complaining about the line I'd run the sulky and save money for a bigger blower than what $260 buys.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Leaf season is coming. BP blower fo sho...buy as much power as you can afford. A BP blower will more than pay for itself during leaf season alone = in time saved.

Backing up over leaves with a walk-behind is very productive for mulching purposes...something that is not as easily done with a sulky attached...(or with a belt-drive).

4. TML

TML LawnSite Senior Member

If your cheap Craftsman blower dies now you have nothing. As previously stated try and save a little more, $260 does not get much of anything in the blower market. At $300 or just a few $ more you can get a Husqvarna 150 or equivalent that is entry level commercial quality and has enough power to work through a clean-up. Take the sulky off all together.
    Posted via Mobile Device