New Blower Purchase

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Markf, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Markf

Markf LawnSite Senior Member

Since a new sponsor, Force, joined Lawnsite, it got me thinking about fall 2006. A second blower can be justified. After doing a search on Lawnsite for blowers, I came across the w/b Fradan product (checked their website and found it useless)and the Buffalo Turbine front mount (I am waiting for a call back from them hopefully on Monday). Most of the properties we do are 3/4 acre and up. I would like to hear from members who actually own either of the two units. Yes, I am aware of the cost of both, however, I can justify the price in labor savings alone. We did well last fall and by an educated guess on what the time savings would be multiplied by our hourly wage, either unit's return on investment would be reasonable. Thanks for the input. Also, please free to PM if you like.
    Mark

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

There is no comparision between a push blower and a Buffalo Turbine. I haven't used my push blower in 2 years. Its so much faster and easyier with the Buffalo on my Walker.

Gene

3. mowin at the lake

mowin at the lake LawnSite Member

I have a buffalo kb2 and they are great. BIG time saver. If you need any info on them get a hold of me. I ll see if i can save you some $$$$

kane

4. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I also have a Walker. I put Meg-mos on, almost parked the Fradan.

Ed

5. Markf

Edward,
    I am a little lost. Are you saying that you use a Walker with megmos in place of a blower for fall cleanups? Please elaborate. Thanks.

To the other gentlemen who responded, thank you.

Kane,
    After I discuss the issue with my son, I may be contacting you.

Mark

6. edward hedrick

Mark: I use the Walker w meg-mos. for leaf pu. They shred leaves as they

are put into the box. I have a 9.5 box on the walker. I have mostly homes,

dump on property or at curb for town pu. Works for me. I've seen Gene's

buffalo rig, I don't have a need. Ed

7. Markf

Gentlemen,
    Thanks for your replies. I called Turf Green in CT. They take care of New England. I spoke with the fellow that I believe was the sales manager. It has been a week and I still have not heard back from them.:confused: He was supposed to contact Buffalo and get me some more information, like when the will have the front attachment for an eXmark.

Mowin at the lake,
    I sent you a PM.

Thanks,
    Mark

8. edward hedrick

Mark: email Genegls for his dealer he lives in Mass. near Winsted Ct

Ed

9. Markf

Ed,
    Thanks. Will do.