1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

new blower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JConner, Aug 6, 2008.

1. JConner

JConner LawnSite Member

woo hoo iI just bought a new well lightly used back pack blower echo pb413h 105.00 is it stolen bought it from a good friend i didnt ask i kinda trust him i dont know were he got it because he didnt buy it new any help ?
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Slightly used? $105? Equipment doesn't just go for random, low prices - especially out of the blue from people who aren't even involved the lawn business. Use your instincts. Common sense tells you what the real deal is....
  3. JConner

JConner LawnSite Member

he does have a lawn business small and he has or had 3 blowers and this was the smallest one he said he didnt need that many so i asked him how much? he said 105 and i said sold but he bought it from a guy he said was going out of business and i just want to double check his story
  4. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

This sounds like a plausible situation !!
  5. RossP

RossP LawnSite Member

sounds fine to me.. deal
  6. JConner

JConner LawnSite Member

thanks for all of the help i just thought everyone would like to hear the good news and help me figure out if it was legit
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

Ive got an echo pb403...basically the same blower,

Worthless, your friend got the deal, he just wanted to get rid of it, doesnt do to well in leaf cleanups or blowing out edges.

105 is not that bad though, I paid some $340 for my last ever echo.
  8. Cashio13

Cashio13 LawnSite Member

As long as you didn't steal it, it doesn't really matter. i cant say i have seen many police officers scoping out landscaping rigs for a stolen blower.
  9. JConner

JConner LawnSite Member

Thats true thaks for everyones help
  10. RocketLab

RocketLab LawnSite Member

Sorry to disagree but if that was your blower he was buying wouldn't you feel different?