New Blower

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by GravelyGuy, Sep 19, 2008.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I picked it up about two weeks ago and I love it! It makes everything go so much easier. I have even been using it for mowing because it clears off the big driveways much faster than my trusty 145BT.

One question though, to anyone that has the Redmax. Does yours continue to sputter like it doesn't want to shut off when you hit the switch?

I will probably be picking up another 8001 in the next few weeks.:clapping:

Misc 026.jpg

Misc 025.jpg

2. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Nice looking piece of equipment. My next blower will be a BP. Best of luck to you with it!

3. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

What did that cost if you dont mind me asking?

4. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

$525 + tax

5. josh1981

josh1981 LawnSite Senior Member

nice blower. but could of bought a stihl br600 for under 500! most powerful blower on market! :weightlifter:

but i do like your blowers

6. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

From my parking lot demo, the Redmax has more useable power for me. I wasn't going to buy the Stihl even if I did like it though. I can't stand my Stihl dealers, and I'm not impressed with the 3 pieces of Stihl equipment that I have.

7. josh1981

josh1981 LawnSite Senior Member

thats good. its just a personal preference which is cool

I personally will never buy anything btu stihl or husqvarna

and whats wrong with the stihl stuff?

8. btnj47

btnj47 LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 redmax 8001,s they both sputter like you say when hitting the kill switch. just hit the switch with the throttle up , that works for me . good luck with it I think you will continue to love that machine its a great investment

9. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

My Stihl stuff is hit or miss on the starting (yes I know how to do it) and it does not want to idle. I climb to the tip top of the ladder to trim a tall shrub with my Stihl hedge trimmer and it dies forty times while I'm up there. Your trying to ask the person on the ground if the shrub looks even with the trimmer at full throttle so it won't die.:hammerhead:

My chain saw leaks the bar oil out the cap faster than it can use it and it's a total b!tch to start all the time.

Oh yeah, I have to shut my edger off by turning the choke on since the switch is crapping out for the second time. I don't have to worry about the throttle safety switch. It broke almost immediately after purchasing it.

The stuff leaks goo out of the carb all the time.

On the other hand, I have two Husqvarna trimmers, one edger, and one blower and they are the most reliable stuff ever. I have no dealer though:cry:

10. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Thanks, good to know.