new blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by C.T. Lawn Care, Mar 29, 2004.

1. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

today i went and bought a stihl br340 and all i can say is wow... this thing is way better than my hand held one. i can blow twice and much stuff with this as i could with the other one i had... now dont make fun but the other one i have that this is replacing is a little homelite thing that is now my back up. i cant wait till the grass is growing like mad so that i can blow all sorts of things. today when i was putting it to its test i was blowing dirt from when i was edging some old sidewalks that had not been edged in about 3 years. this thing was picking up piles of mud and throwing them all over the place.. This is a great blower and i am proud to have stihl as my official hand tool brand!!

2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

If you think that Stihl has power, you should have tried a Redmax.I'm proud to say that Redmax is MY tool of chioce.

3. venecular

venecular LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

I have a stihl br340 as well and I agree, it is a nice machine. But, why do you need a backup blower if you have that. Espec. a homelite... Just messing with ya

4. bayoulawn

bayoulawn LawnSite Member

Stihl is STILL the one.

5. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

venecular,

I dont need one.. i just said that cuz i dont know what to do with the old one... maybe make a wind powered scooter lol!!!

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have the same blower and i like it, I still grab the handheld to blow off short side walks, before i can crank and put the back pack blower on im done with the handheld, plus it saves a little wear and tear on the bp an save it for leaf season

7. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I have one of those...We have races to see who can blow it across the shop floor fastest with a shinny eb630.

I know its better than any handheld, but wait till you step up to a big blower