1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

New blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by madmusic, Sep 17, 2004.

1. madmusic

madmusic LawnSite Member

Bought a new Stihl BR340 yesterday. Traded a Husky 125 that I paid a 100.00 bucks for it a week ago. They gave me 150.00 for it. With all the rain I havent had a chance to use it yet.

Toro z500 20/52
    Cub Cadet 2135 tractor
    Snapper comm. HiVac
    MTD push mower with striping kit
    Stihl fs 85 trimmer
    Stihl 026 saw
    Stihl bg 75 handheld blower
    Stihl br 340 backpack
    Stihl hs 75 hedge trimmers
    Poulan weedeater backup
    too many shovels
  2. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

should have got the redmax 8000...just my opinion..
  3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I'm sorry but I don't think you'll be happy with it. I have a couple BR400's and BR420's and the ONLY reason I don't replace them is because 1) they still work and run fine 2) I have Stihl specfic blower racks and nothing else will work on them. The blowers are hard to start and I feel under powered compared to the Echo and Redmax so the BR320 will even be weaker.
  4. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Isn't that the blower they make that is supposed to be quiter for areas with noise ordinances?
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

No, here's the one that's supposed to be quieter for the noise ordinance people....

fireplace bellows.jpg
  6. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

That blower is ok for light clean-ups after mowing. You should have got the 420 instead. I have the BR 400 (same as the BR 420) and use it for light clean-up. For the big jobs I have an Echo PB-750. Awesome blower but much heavier than the Stihl.
  7. madmusic

madmusic LawnSite Member

I used it all day today and for what im using it for its plenty for me. I thought it worked good and very easy to start. So far I like it as much as my other equipment made by Stihl which is most of it. I do however wish someone would say good purchase and good luck with it. Did I mention I got it for 180.00? Yes brand new.
  8. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

All I use is stihl backpacks just not that model so good purchase and good luck with it.
  9. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

I use a redmax 7001. If I'm not careful, I'm putting debris in the neighbor's yard across the street. :D
  10. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a br340 i got off ebay for $100, it works fine,takes about 3 -4 pulls cold, after that its 1,I like it because it is so light,I use it more in the summer to just blow off sidewalks ect.For the same price i would buy more, however i would NOT pay $300 for one(new).

Good luck.