New Bluegrass Variety

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by TScapes, Feb 25, 2005.

1. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Was wondering if anyone has used this new variety of bluegrass. Supposively it can spread with rhizomes (sp?) and is pretty disease resistant. I know in my area, the local TG Branch Manager had his yard overseeded with it to see how it does. And there is also a local sod distributor that is carrying it now, about the same price as tall fescue. I would like to try it out in an area on my lawn, but wanted to see if anyone has either seen it or used it first.

2. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

What variety are we discussing, TS? All bluegrass purposely used in turf is rhizomatous - that is one of the main positives for KBG.

If you really want info on particular grasses and cultivars specific, refer to the NTEP (National Turfgrass Evaluation Program) and look at successes/failures in your climatic range.

3. TScapes

TScapes LawnSite Senior Member

I believe that it is TS. However, I suppose I should have got my specific variety correct before posting the question, for that I apologize. I have seen the results in various studies, especially on a couple of pamplets, but was more interested in a "Hands-On" report. For instance, here in TN most people want tall fescue, actually they are obsessed with tall fescue. Bluegrass for the most part has not done well here due to the climate. I was curious to see if anyone is pushing this on customers and what, if any results or feedbacks they are getting. I know north of me bluegrass is abundant, so I was hoping maybe some of you could give me more of an input on your experiences with this particular variety.