New Bobcat Belt-Drive 36" - Nicest I've seen.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lamblawnscaping, Mar 19, 2002.

1. lamblawnscaping

lamblawnscaping LawnSite Member

Have any of you seen the new bobcat belt drive 36". I was at the dealer who I buy all my 2-cycle stuff from today, and he had a new Bobcat Belt-Drive 36" for $2300. The price is a little high, but the wheels are the size of hydro wheels, the blade engage is electric, the deflector has a built in grass gobbler bracket that you can use with the deflector still in place, and it comes with a Kawi 15. I tend to like exmark stuff, but this has to be the most fully featured belt-drive 36" that I have seen. Anyone have one?

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Did you pull the electric clutch and see the slower blade speed?

3. That's nice.

LOL @ Hoss

4. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Their new line of walk behinds are really nice. I think their riders are among the top of the line. The riders have radiators for hydros, large oil compartment for hydro too - this keeps fluid a lot cooler and eliminates need for synthetic hydro oil, although one may still opt to go that way.

Bob

5. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

what is the blade tip speed for the 36"exmark???

6. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

hello you shot your mouth off about the bobcats ,do you what there blade tip speed is,come on lawngodfather you known all since this site started you been there done that used this and that piece of equipment .you must have the answers as ussuall

7. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, they are different from last years. I'm a little concerned hearing about a possible reduction in blade tip speed, I'll have to check into that before I buy. One other thing I noticed, the 32,36,48 decks all have 7 ga. top and sides. I was gonna buy (as it turns out) last years model 14/48 Kaw for $2400 until I checked around and found the 15/48 Kaw for $2699. I may get it for even less this weekend at the open house.

8. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

The tip speed on our Bob Cat 48" ZTR is almost 18000 fpm. The 15 HP Kaw on our 48" WB is great. We got our WB for $2600 w/jungle wheels. We did get a discount though.

9. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

SMB, what part of southwest Virginia are you at? I'm about 5 minutes from Cana myself and used to run from Roanoke to South Boston, and all the way over to Abingdon and Grundy. Also, how do you like the Bob Cats? There's not much said about them on these groups.

10. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

Exmarks' tip speed is approximately 18,500 fpm.