New Bobcat Skid Steers

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Bleed Green, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw a thread of Heavy Equipment Forum talking about new Bobcat Skid Steers. Anyone else heard anything about these?

2. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I've heard they will have new loader classifications, option for sealed and pressurized cab, more hp, less weight, and greater breakout forces and a better cooling and hydraulic system. Cabs are supposed to be very spacious and the machines are supposed to have a very low center of gravity. Complete redesign coming out before the end of the year from what I have been told.

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

awesome havent heard of this yet have to talk to my friend at bobcat!! and demo the first one that comes in!!!

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Funny how their history repeats themselves, last time this happened, they made some bug changes to models and loaders, then the next year the series rolled out with the rounded cabs, now they have a (rather nice) new control panel, but it will only be for another series year, then BOOM! The next generation rolls in.

5. Junior M

i get what your saying........

i dont understand why they do that either but......

you know when you do get the new generation around the end of the year another new generation comes along and just a few payments into your new one you want the new generation!!! i bet that is why they do it........

6. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

Think of all the guys that bought series II cats then wanted the C series.

They all do that. They manufacturers must tweak the numbers and get us all excited about the lift and breakout and torque when in reality, I bet the machines don't perform all that much better than they did 5 years ago. In the case of Bobcat, the cooling system has changed much since '05 and ditto to the hydro system. Cat has had the same pressures and GPM for a long time in the skid steers.
    I don't see a lot of changes on bigger iron either. I think it is a way to keep the brand fresh. Of course, it's always nice to see a radical new design but it makes me feel like I'm somehow left out or running yesterday's news!

I wonder how much more productive we really are in the new machines if the specs are not that much different.

On the other hand, comfort is a big issue for me. I'm still struggling with my CAT 272c. On a hot day it won't put out better than 76-78 degrees in the A/C and doesn't move the humidity much. In the morning, it will put out cold air but can't keep up after lunch time.
    So, for someone like me who likes to be out of the dust and stay cool, I'm looking for the new machines to have a real HD A/C system or at least something as reliable as the one in my trucks.
    That series upgrade would make me want to trade up..

7. Junior M

we probably arent any more productive in the new machines than we would be in the old machines.........

well unless something breaks........ like you know on a CATERPILLAR you know how prone they are to break!!!! LOL hahaha

8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Someone should correct me on this bit of Bobcat time line history, but in '98/99, they were still using the square cabs, so in order to get rid of the extra stock, Bobcat updated the control panel and made some other changes to models, then in '99/2000, they came out with the rounded cab style and new numbering for the machines. But then all the people that rushed out to buy the "new" machines with the updates in, were pissed off that they didn't wait for a seasons more for the totally redesigned machines to come out, now I think this is happening all over again, Bobcat needs to clear their inventory of frames, so they are polishing them up, then the new ones will come out and you will hear a lot of Bobcat owners all yell out "AH SH*T!!!, we should have waited!!!" :laugh:

9. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Correct..those were the new G series cabs.

10. Junior M

rounded cabs?

you must be talkn bout the excavator?

cuz the cages on the skid steers have been the same since well for a long time!!!

i dont remember any rounded cabs but please elaborate?