New Bobcat Toolcat???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Sep 7, 2008.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

2. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

are you doing some reconnaissance work behind enemy lines Ron????:laugh::laugh:

3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

You might be on to something. We never heard what brought him to the local Power Tan Super Store either. I think he is up to something.

4. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

looks more like they tried to make it like a tractor to me, seeing as though you can pull attachments behind you with this toolcat.

5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like you need to buy a box for it if you want to haul something or pull a trailer. That might make some unhappy.

6. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

BoobCat Salesman dropped a 5600 Tool Cat by the Ranchette here last week or two ago and let me "demo" it for an entire weekend. I really kinda liked it, especially the two person seating arrangement in the cab. I moved some dirt, drove it around (very tight turning radius) and then sent it on its merry way.........for $40k it is a bit spendy for a ranch run-about.

7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

This one has the PTO and three point arrangement you were asking about.:cool2:

8. Green Team Landscaping

Green Team Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats the point of those? I dont really get them. Like what makes that better than a regular Bobcat?

9. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Yea Ksss, got hydraulics and pto to the rear.......it would make a nice little run around for some one's "estate" or on a working ranch or horse operation. I liked the ride, had some power to it, cruised up and down the road at 20mph or so, and was pretty darn stable. It's not really a skid, its more like a working gator or whatever those things are that are bigger than 4 wheelers. We had 4-5 folks drop by and cruise in it.....kind of a novelty right now....

10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Mu-ha-ha-ha, and I am making a stop over at the Takeuchi dealer's lot after I pick up a bucket from DAEQUIP on Tuesday. But I'll never tell.........:nono:

But back to the Toolcat, they want to make it more "tractor" like, I know of a few orchard and berry farmers that want a fully enclosed cab on a tractor for their 3 point implements, but they don't want the massive height of a tractor, I can see one of these making a major debut in the Valley here.