New bobcat vs. scag...... Which one should i buy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ince8728, Jun 4, 2004.

1. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

I am looking to buy a new bobcat or scag walkbehind, i have uned bobcat before but never a scag. What are some of your experiences, suggestions, pro's & cons? (open to anything, feel free)

2. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a new 48" Bob-Cat Wb and I love it!!!
    The qualaty of cut and striping are superior to All other brands!!!
    I have heard that the new Scag's w/ the advantage decks clog a lot.

GET A BOB-CAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have a scag wb, Unless you get the ''Ultimate '' they all have fixed decks. I dont like the pistol grips and the fixed deck doesnt work for me, but the cut is great. I havent ever used a bobcat so I cant comment on them

4. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I own a Bobcat and a two Exmarks. It is glaringly apparent you do not know what you are talking about!

5. RTallday

RTallday LawnSite Member

Ok then. As some of you know, i am an advocate of Bob-cat walkbehinds. They are really well built machines. I only have experience with older scags and they were good too. Im not sure how they are now, but i have 3 new bobcats and think they are great. Im switching to exmark, but bobcat is a terrific machine. Im switching because basically, exmark disperses clippings better than any machine out there, in my opinion. Other than that, i think that bobcat is the best, just not the best for me. Good luck.

-Rich

6. steve225

steve225 LawnSite Member

Get a Exmark I own both.Exmark is a better choice.

7. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I beg to differ.

8. mowdini

mowdini LawnSite Member

I own a 54" Bobcat Gear Drive with a 14hp Kawisaki engine and it is by far the greatest mower I have ever owned. It stripes better than any other machine out there. It also cuts the grass evenly and discharges the cuttings so that you cannot see them on the lawn. GREAT MACHINE!!!

9. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

I own a bobcat 36" w/15 HP Command Kohler. I love it. It was a great purchase for me. Haven't used scags w/b so I won't bad talk them.

10. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

YOUR WRONG!!-------NO YOUR WRONG

IM RIGHT--------NO IM RIGHT!!!