new bobcat ztr problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by competitiveimageland, May 25, 2004.

1. competitiveimageland

competitiveimageland LawnSite Member

im having a problem with my new 61 inch 25 hp kawi ztr i cannot mower with the darn thing a full speed or even near that for the reason that the blades cant keep up i put on a new set every ten hours and even wjen they are freshly sharpened its still leaving soe behind and im gettin very frusterated i dont know weather or not i should switch brands or what , im running gator blades , and what is this ive hear of people doulbling up on blades is this posable?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

it could be because you are mowing at full speed. Slow down a bit

3. competitiveimageland

well not even at full speed , im also cuttin some of the lawns ranging from 3 to 3 1/2 and i see the same problem at both heights

4. tiedeman

from earth

have you checked the belts to make sure they are tight?

5. competitiveimageland

yes sir no slippage at all , what if i just doubled up on the blades what effects would this have , im not goin to have to worry about smoking my clutch am i?

6. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

Too fast and the the limited vacuum-ability of gators comes into play.

Try a set of low lift blades.

7. competitiveimageland

hmm ill have to try it , but whats everyone have to say about meg moes except being so expensive

8. tiedeman

from earth

don't double the blades, it will just probably make it worse if you are having those kind of problems with singles

9. competitiveimageland

imm just goin to put on the medium lifts tomarrow and tighten the belts again

10. tiedeman

from earth

the reason that I don't say doubles is because I feel the doubles bog it down more and you lose some horsepower. Others may disagree, but I know that with what I have experienced doubles only work great in non-thick and non-wet grass